Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Awesome Truck!
By swervin22

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this truck! I have been a Ford man for a really long time( 6th Ford truck) Interior is really nice, with tan leather, heated seats, lots of storage, and just roomy all around. Bought truck for hauling, and looking good while doing it. It accomplishes both with ease. I am not getting the best gas mileage right now, but i believe the transmission is a little worn out. Expected with a vehicle that has 129,000 miles on it! That is really my only complaint. Rides a lot nicer than i thought, being a vehicle with leaf springs up front. Love it!

Heated leather seats. Big, commanding view of road, anything else within view! Ability to do whatever I need it to!

Take my engine out for a diesel! Really wanted a diesel, but cant really afford the extra 3-4 grand premium, plus diesel fuel prices arent looking too pretty right now!

Great truck but poor build
By khudo

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Original owner. I love the color the ride every thing. At 20000 miles the tires crap out. They put cheap tires on to keep the price down. At fifty thousand the front end goes out. $3000 dollars worth. This is after a trip to Indiana from Iowa on interstate going 80 mph. Now keep in mind this heavey duty truck has never worked a day in its life. About two weeks later the tranny just quit. Guess what? Warranty never covered a thing. Now there has been some small stuff too but all in all I feel an expensive truck for the way I drive and use it. Now at 100000 front end and tranny need replaced again. I traded in 1984 Chevy. I'm going back to Chevy. Last thing 14.5 mpg every time.

Automatic hubs, color, hotest heater I've ever had

Better air conditioning, stronger transmission, greasable front end

Love my Ford
By al frisina

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This Ford truck is the best one I have owned. It is comfortable to drive, especially when towing. I use it to tow a 30' Kountry Starr 5th. wheel and you never know it is back there. I have been getting about 9.0 to 10.0 miles/gal. towing and 15 to 16.5 not towing.

Comfortable leather seats and all around driveability

Passenger side power seat that was not available on this model. Automatic temp. control for air cond. that was not available on this model.

Powerstroke 6 speed
By crazycorkath

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

So far I am very pleased with my truck. It gets reasonable fuel mileage- -20 mpg highway and 17 to 18 mpg around town if I drive conservatively. I have taken several long trips in it and the captain chairs are very comfortable. The 6 speed detracts from the fun of driving it. The only problem I had was with the hydraulic clutch assembly, which my son replaced. Right now I am having a problem with the door locks, but apparently that is not uncommon.

The Powerstroke.

Great Truck
By roger

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Had a $40 part go out of my tranny at 57,000 miles. That was the only problem I have had mechanically. Mileage is 7-10 mpg in the winter and 11- 15 in the summer for combined highway and city. I have the V-10. Lots of power and the Lariat heated leather seats are amazing. I am 6'5" and have room to spare. Very nice.

Powerful engine, great interior controls and tons of room.

The console is pretty plain and not very practical. Mileage is way too low with an average being 9-10 overall.