Skip to main content

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

What a truck!!

dlong18074, 03/07/2011
2011 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchase the 2011 F150 Platinum with 6.5 ft bed and the 3.5 l Ecoboost engine. This is an amazing truck. The fit and finish of the cabin is second to none.... Ford has thought of everything. The ride is super quiet and feels like I am sitting in my living room. I have to be careful as to my speed due to the fact that at 55 MPH it feels that I am hardly moving. The truck also looks great from the outside. The 6.5 ft bed is a must on a crew cab truck. It is much more proportional although it makes finding a parking spot a bit harder! I do worry a bit about the open grill for the Ecoboost engine but from what I have been reading it should not be an issue. Overall, excellent truck!

5 Years of Reliability

Michael Ramsey, 03/21/2016
2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The F150 Super Crew with 3.5 eco boost engine (Edmunds doesn't have this selection on their pull down menu) has been very reliable and has plenty of trailer pulling power. Actually fuel mileage with regular fuel (up to 10% ethanol) has been 16 city and 19 highway, if you can find non-ethanol fuel you'll see 19 city and up to 24 highway a substantial difference. I have 46,000 miles on my truck and have just replaced the battery. You can't beat the rear cab for it's roominess, and ease for getting in and out of, Ford should had put a grab handle on the drivers side. I strongly recommend have a spray in bed liner done to help preserve the truck bed. The only issues that I have encountered: 1- I did have power issues during a rain storm on several occasions, Ford did a mod on the intercooler to correct the problem. 2. The airbag light kept coming on, Ford replaced the drivers door cable which had issues, this took 4 trips to the dealer to resolve. 3. Rear window/mirror defogger failed, Ford replaced the rear window to resolve the problem. I strongly suspect that Ford (not just Ford) uses non-ethanol fuel when they come up with their fuel mileage figures, because I have never owned a vehicle that got their stated mileage unless I run non-ethanol fuel which as most of you know cost from $.50 to $1.50 per gallon more to purchase if you can find it.

4 out of 5 stars
3.38 out of 5 stars

3.6L V6 Ouch!

no_v6, 05/24/2011
2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 F-150 Crew with 3.7L V6 mainly for gas mileage. 2 months later when the temperature outside got over 90 and in traffic, the truck had a vibration or resonance in the cab when idling with A/C and cooling fans running. I brought the truck to the dealer, but they could not find anything. I noticed another F- 150 with the 3.6 V6 that had revisions to the exhaust piping (Braided hose right before muffler and different mounts). I showed a picture to the Service Rep. He said he asked Ford Hot Line and they know nothing about it. I feel the vibration was coming from the exhaust system. It was so annoying, I traded the truck in for an Fx2 with 5.0L, big difference.

2.5 out of 5 stars

Ecoboost great concept, terrible execution in first year!

tri_guy, 08/14/2014
2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

When it works, the 3.5L twin turbo V-6 known as the "Ecoboost" is amazing. 21+ mpg, 365 HP & 425 trq. A great combination of daily driver with nearly 10K tow capacity. First 55K miles were great, but the 2011 EB relies on multiple ECU "systems" to attain this peak performance, and if anything is not working perfectly, mileage, power, and driveability fall-off quickly. Ford still has not acknowledged any issues that do exist with the 2011 version of this motor. Humidity. Coils. Valvetrain rattles at startup. Hood shaking misfire at idle. Black on chrome tailpipe. I would not buy a 2011 EB again. Maybe 2014, now that the 2011 bugs Ford never admitted have been worked out. 2011 EB - Stay away!!

3 out of 5 stars

Own up to your problems Ford or we won't own You!

dannieb, 06/14/2015
2011 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do Not buy a Ford Ecoboost. My husband & I bought a 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost we loved it so fun to drive, but 70k miles in we started having engine issues. Took it in to the dealer for them to tell me the timing chain was shot and it was a $4k fix with no guarantee that it would fix the problem. A quick google search of this vehicle and I was shocked to see we were not the only one with this same exact issue. There are YouTube videos and forums galore about this engine issue and No recalls from Ford. We got rid of it yesterday before it left us broke and on the side of the road. I won't be returning to a Ford anytime soon after that bad taste in my mouth.

12345...12