Used 1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

IT WAS FREE...at first
By Kirk

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The previous owner had graduated from medical, bought himself an Infinity and left his high school truck sitting on the street outside his house....for two years. My Nissan was rear ended by a drunk and his insurance didn’t pay enough to replace it. The young doctor heard of my delema and gave me his truck. Unfortunately, he had parked it with a full tank of gas. The fuel pump had to be replaced along with all the belts and a/c gas. After about $2000, I had me a truck.

N/A
By W.Kidwell

1999 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Drive it.

Overall good truck had a few glitches
By Pickem Up Ed

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

4 speed auto tranny slips and clunks when shifting up a hill on occasion.. Replaced fuel pump, serpentine belt pulley and adjustor mechanism. Major brake issues were solved after 10 yrs. old after $2,000 spent. Heater air conditioner temperature control replaced. Had leaking rear slider window replaced. Still got original spark plugs and coils on engine. To give this truck more power and acceleration I recommend a cat back dynaflow exhaust system be installed! I love the engine sound! But I do love the ride, comfort in the cab with ample head room. I bought this truck new in Nov. 1998 for $22,000 even though I had glitches I like the truck overall I have a cap on the bed and do no towing just light hauling every now and then.

Forced to Part with Family Transportation
By Scott Gilmore

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This vehicle was purchased new by my Father in 1999. Following his death in 2001, it was purchased by me. The truck has been incredibly reliable and useful.......serving as an all-purpose work truck. Unfortunately, it does not fit in the garage, and our Homeowners Association (HOA) does not let it remain parked in the driveway. It has interior issues, a current heating/AC issue (??), and an intermittent odometer due to a cracked solder joint (common for this year, with the "fix" described on YouTube). It would make a GREAT vehicle for a student looking for a vehicle with low registration and taxes, wanting minimal insurance coverage, and a high driver position / heavier vehicle / safer in potential accident. It would also be a great vehicle to "flip," if someone had the time, talent, and energy to invest in some repairs. Candidly, I'd keep the vehicle, but I can't.

Most comfor vehicle to drive!
By Foster Palmer