Used 2017 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...29

Pros
Cons

2017 Escape Titanium now at 9800 miles

johnjrs3, 05/26/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the 2.0 liter brand new 2017 AWD Titanium. I should say I traded in a 2014 Escape with 61000 miles I put on it in 24 months. I drive 80 mile commute daily. Ford is now taking the Honda approach. Pay attention to details and fix the little things. There are strong improvements in the new model. Sync 3 is vastly improved easy and highly intutitive. The handling is just a little better with less steering resistance. the car is noticeably quieter. The shiny black plastic is gone replaced with a much higher quality material. The shape of the rear and the front are better looking. All in all every issue I noticed in the 2014 has been improved or eliminated as an issue. Drives like a sports car, and I look forwards to my commute each day. at 9800 miles I continue to have no problems Average mileage has improved to 26 mpg It's not much better on the interstate at around 27 or 28 The passenger seat is a little tight and my spouse complains on this issue She has a new edge which does have more comfortable passenger seats All in all still an A and I would buy again

Never judge a book by its cover!

Sarah, 11/18/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2017 Ford Escape AWD 2.0 L. November 2016. It is my first SUV I love it! The style is lacking compared to other competitors, like the Hyundai Santa Fe but I really enjoy the comfort, the quick acceleration, and maneuverability my whip has. The ride is so comfortable especially having black leather heated seats which is great for my low back pain. I agree that the inside panel could use some updating but it does have optional voice/touch navigation and ambient lighting with a variety of color choices. The cabin has plenty of room and it's easy to get in/out of. I did drive the 1.5L and it just didn't cut it, it seemed very resistive to acceleration. I test drove the Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda CRV, and Kia Sorento the styling and amenities were tempting (especially in the Santa Fe) but the comfort, quietness, and acceleration just didn't cut it for me. My only complaints are gas mileage (doesn't compare to my 2015 Hyundai Sonata) and that I have to remember to shut the idle button off because the vehicle will "shut off" to conserve gas and it's annoying when sitting at a stop light or the drive thru.

Best new car to date...

Kate Paquin, 06/18/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2017 Ford Escape Titanium with the 300A (standard) package plus navigation and adaptive cruise control packages is the best new car to date. Our previous cars were two Hondas EX sedans, two G-20 sedans, a 2001 RX 300 Lexus which we still have and a 2005 Toyota Camry EXL, which we traded when we purchased the Escape. The more we use it the more we like it!!! It is the most comfortable car we have ever owned. The 10-way with lumbar front driver and front passenger seats were the first thing that got our attention. No other car in this price range has that for both front seats! The ergonomic design of the center and door arm rests is noteworthy. The new design of the console moving the gear shift down and putting the cup holders to the side plus the new electronic parking brake demanded that we chose the 2017 over the 2016 with multiple buyer incentives. Our only regret: We debated getting the 301A package and now really wish we had. At night in rural areas the headlights are not adequate. The HID lights in the 301A package would have made driving at night safer. Otherwise this is the perfect car for us as far as size, comfort, power, fuel economy and cargo is adequate for our needs.

Great car

Walter, 12/27/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've now owned this car for 30 months--Escape Titanium with 2.0 liter engine. It now has 29000 miles on it. (Not sure why Edmunds doesn't list that as a choice yet.) The comments of my initial review still stand. It's been a reliable car that is comfortable to drive, and with the turbo, gives you the quick acceleration you need when you need it. When I bought it, I wasn't expecting to put 2500 miles on it the first month I owned it, but a couple of trips home made that happen. I couldn't be more pleased with this vehicle, both in the city and especially on the highway. Having just returned from my first 800-mile round trip with my spouse, I asked her for her impressions of the Escape. (I did all of the driving.) Her response, and this is a direct quote: "I've never had an easier trip. Any time I felt like I had to move, I adjusted the lumbar support, or the heat, or the position of the seat. Oh my gosh, it was so comfortable. It was great." (My spouse has had lower back surgery, and this if the first car she's ever been in where she wasn't experiencing back pain at the end of a 6 hour drive.) The electric adjustable passenger seat is a huge plus for us, and hard to find in vehicles at this price point. She also noted that the ride is very quiet. As for me as the driver, the controls are intuitive, the Sync3 is great and responds very quickly to commands, and this car MOVES when you want it to. Acceleration at highway speed is effortless. The leather seats very comfortable, they are holding up well, and the driver's seat moves back a couple of inches when you shut off the car, which helps with entry/exit (you dial-in your driving position, then save it with one touch, and the seat returns to that position when you turn on the ignition). When not on the highway, my daily commute into work is in heavy traffic, and I love the auto start/stop feature--you won't notice it, but you will benefit from it. On the recent road trips, I averaged a little over 27 mpg on moderately hilly roads, and with holiday traffic. In city averages are lower; I drive in some of the worst traffic in the country (Washington, DC) and I'm averaging about 17.8 in the city, but this is horrific traffic (not unusual to take 40 minutes to go the 11 miles of my daily commute) and unless you're in LA or similar traffic, your average will likely be higher.

New Version of Ford Escape 2017 model

Dan Paris, 09/24/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My review is based on the Titanium 2.0 liter version which was absent from the drop down box of this survey. First, the 2017 Escape has a newer design on the front end, the rear end and the gear shift. I purposely waited for this version even though they had huge discounts on the 2016's especially because I hated the location of the gear shift in the outgoing model. Second, the price, especially at the upper end of this model is steep but the vehicle offers great room, great handling, good fuel economy and great comfort. We've only owned the 2017 Escape for about a month and 1,600 miles and so far it has performed great. Mainly use it around the city and the gas mileage is consistently between 20 and 21 MPG. On the highway it gets about 25 MPG. I'm hoping when we travel on longer trips it will get a little better MPG. It handles very nicely and the steering wheel feels good in the hands and has the option of being heated, which I really like on cold mornings. If you have arthritis or any other hand, finger, wrist issues then you will like this heated steering wheel option. The SYNC 3 is much improved over the previous versions which I personally used when we owned a 2012 Ford Escape and a 2013 Ford Edge. It is fast and responsive and easier to use. The BlueTooth works very well and the ability to use a cord and use your smart phone as the navigation device (Android Auto) but showing on the Escape's big display is great. As a matter of fact, that's why I opted for the Titanium version with the 301 package and not the moon roof/ navigation options. Saved me $795 on the navigation aspect alone. We really like this Escape because it gives us lots of room for cargo and the ability to take other passengers but handles like a much smaller vehicle. *** This is an update to my initial review of the 2017 Ford Escape - Titanium version w/ 2.0 liter engine. We still don't have a lot of miles on it, about 8,500, and We've only taken one extended trip that was about 2,100 miles round trip. It handles very well, has a nice comfortable interior and is very quiet inside. I'm a little disappointed in the gas mileage as it is consistently around 20 in the city and only about 24 on the highway even with cruise control set. However, the acceleration is still a high point and is very welcome in situations where I've needed to accelerate quickly. One disturbing thing I've found after owning it for over half a year now is that the power lift gate button is located next to the fog light button and can be accidentally pushed while in motion and opening the rear lift gate. I carry my dogs frequently and that is a concern for me. Hopefully Ford will re-position this button for safety reasons on the upcoming models. Overall, we are satisfied with this vehicle. ***** Update September 2017 -- We've owned this suv for a year now and have taken at least 3 long round trips (1,500 miles or more) and the gas mileage is about the same maybe slightly better and we're still very happy with the acceleration that this suv has as well as the comfortable ride. I would recommend this vehicle. ***** Update September 2018 -- We've owned this SUV for over 2 years now and the previous reviews I wrote are still applicable. The one thing I would address for prospective buyers is that the OEM tires on my model were the lower grade Michelins and they were comfortable but they wore out quickly and constantly lost air pressure which caused the suv's warning system to be activated constantly. I had to replace the tires after just 21,000 miles and the new tires I put on are great and I haven't had any loss of air pressure. Also something that I think is important is the ingress and exiting of the Ford Escape. When I was younger, I loved sports cars and had no problem getting in and out of them. Now that I'm considerably older I really appreciate how easy it is to get in and out of the Ford Escape, especially with the automatic slide back feature available with the power seats. If you have knee, back or hip problems then you will really appreciate this feature. My wife just bought a 2018 Honda Civic and I like driving it but I hate getting in and out of it. It's night and day when I leave her car and go to get in my Ford Escape.

12345...29