Skip to main content

Select your model:

bad tranny

m d, 02/09/2017
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I would do research on the transmission all my service has been done by ford we took it in for a clunk noise when shifting from park to reveres car has 69000 miles I'm told we need to buy a new transmission the service writer said bring the car in for transmission check at 90000 it was built so poorly it wont make it to 90000 sad day when ford wont stand behind there car at least till it has the first service. car is out of warranty by the extended warranty that might help. I have found many post on the internet about the 2013 escape transmission small piston in the transmission letting fluid by leak by causing pressure drop

3.88 out of 5 stars

Beautiful and Fun to drive. Disappointing mpg and electronics

mcraigs, 02/06/2013
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Beautiful inside and out. Fun to drive and controls well. Functional and practical. I have been disappointed with mpg. I am averaging 21.5 mpg consistently for 6000 miles. This is based on 70 % highway 30% city driving. To put this in perspective I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XT that under the same driving conditions gets 29.5 mpg. My DH has a 2012 Ford Edge that gets 20.5 mpg under the same driving conditions. Based on other reviews I tried premium fuel. The premium fuel increased the mpg to 22.5 mpg. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations. I have been disappointed in the somewhat buggy electronics - in particular my ford touch, navigation and parking assist. Fixed next release?

3.13 out of 5 stars

Think about your decision carefully

chevylover229, 07/19/2013
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My family purchased the 2013 Ford Escape S about three months ago (This is July of 2013) and at first we were SO happy, but about a week past and we had a sync problem, then a lift gate problem and so on and so on. Though this is a very NICE (Key word) car. I still have a few years to go before saying i like ford... Cause at the moment; I don't. The low base price and High MPG, mixed with the design of this car make it a real catch. So if you can afford slightly higher priced car, I strongly hope you do. Another car that might suit your fancy would be a Chevy Equinox that we also own and love three times more. With a spacious 2nd row and quiet interior make a better choice by a long shot.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Love it!

gijanetexas, 02/16/2013
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After having my 2003 Ford F-150 truck for ten years I got this Escape in Nov. 2012. They had the black and steek gray colors $2000.00 cheaper at my dealer so I decided I could live for a dark color to save money (I live in Texas where it is hot). It is the base model but it is FWD, has the basic Sync, remote start (dealer choice to install on all their cars), and door edge coating protection. The first few oil changes were included with special coupons as well as other couponds for discounts on services. Lots of cupholders. It has places for your umbrella and a big glove box. Plenty of storage for small items in the tire storage area. City driving has me getting 21.4 to 21.5 MPG.

Truly a POS

Pichon, 09/23/2018
updated 04/03/2019
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has more problems than a burning house! I have never been so stressed. Electrical, motor and a/c are my biggest. I had the entire motor replaced after 6 months of my purchase. The a/c works when it wants and the electrical affects everything from the windows to the doors and even the trunk which hasn't opened in 2 days despite my efforts! I am beyond angry and fed up please warn your friends and family this is only the half of it!!! Months later trunk still doesn't open

3 out of 5 stars