Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

I loved this car
By Amber Griggs

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for several years. It had some recalls, and the dealership made the repairs free of charge. Those were some headaches, but overall this has been a reliable and comfortable car. It drives smoothly, and has an attractive and strong interior. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BLIND SPOT MIRROR. I never had to second guess who was next to me. I come from a sports car (Acura Integra 2000) background, and this was my first and only SUV. I don't have much to compare it to, but without comparing I would recommend this car to anyone. It was great for me and my two children. Lots of space in the back to store things, yet small enough to drive comfortably and feel light on the road.

Wife's car primarily
By Dan

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

great size for around town utility driving, adequate on the road

Hero to Zero
By Felicia

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Escape brand new. Loved the interior space, the way the rear seats fold total flat with no gaps between the fold when seats are down against the front seats. The controls and gadgets are aesthetically pleasing and well thought out. It's been so much fun driving it and done countless moves with it and we're always impressed with how much it can store. However, in 2014, we started having issues that are not everyday maintenance. I have since replaced the entire air conditioning system because of the filter bag inside the AC dryer burst causing a total clog of parts. No recall and when I spoke with Ford, they said that they would have to run a full diagnostic on it to know what the problem is. I had done my research and knew what the problem was. They informed me that they couldn't just check what I thought was wrong and would charge me to start from square one until they discovered the problem. I took it to a small mechanic who upon checking the suspected issue, found total clogs. I was right, imagine that. After that, my brake pedal went "soft" AKA FAILED while driving. Sometimes it worked well and other times I could stomp on the pedal with little to no stopping. Took some researching and we replaced the brake pads, rotors and master cylinder. Now I'm dealing with "Power Steering Assist Fault." My power steering is gone and the wheel is locked up. My car is currently un-driveable. When I called the actual Ford company, they told me that my care doesn't qualify for the recall 14S05 "Steering Torque Sensor." They suggested that I take it into my local dealership, pay for the full diagnostics and repair, keep my receipts and pray that my VIN eventually falls under a recall. I can't afford to throw money at Ford so they can apply the KISS method when I know what's wrong. So we're going to the small town mechanic and hopefully they can fix it. I don't believe in Ford, the company, the product, or the people who are supposedly there to stand behind the product. I try to support American made but then they have customer service that is obviously foreign and difficult to understand. My family believed in Ford for decades and has even worked for them but I will NEVER waste my money on their product again!

170,000 miles and Still Going Strong
By FloridaGatorFan

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have to honestly say this is the most reliable, solid car/suv I have ever owned and I have owned a Honda and Toyota previously and a 2000 Ford Taurus that reached 210,000 miles before I decided to get an SUV. I stuck with Ford and I'm glad I did. I haven't had too many recalls on it(I think 4) and got them taken care of no problem as of now it also doesn't have the takata airbag recall either. I have taken care of it but really haven't had to do a lot of repairs beside replacing tires, oil changes and replacing brakes a couple of window regulators had to be replaced but I've had it 8 years and an ac compressor and water pump last year thats it. I took it on a long road trip last year with no problems it is actually very comfortable for long drives(I have the Leather and its Just Right for me) What I especially love about it is the Big Windows and Blind Spot I feel very safe in it as the Visibility is Very Good and my Fave feature the Pop Up Rear Window great for popping open and grabbing a beach chair or groceries quickly. I Love my Ford Escape and I will drive it until the wheels fall off and I have never felt like that towards any of my previous cars. It gets good gas mileage I have the V6 engine with 230hp lots of get up and go but still average 26mpg I read somewhere that the 2010 hybrids are known to be high mileage cars(300k) and I am hoping that will crossover somewhat to mine time will tell but I read about brand new cars with all kinds of issues and I'm holding onto mine for awhile!!

mykey feature is a huge pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Tammy

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

bought my car used and only have one key. I was trying to reset some settings after an oil and tire change and accidently set my one and only key to the mykey feature. You have to have another key to act as an admin key when this happens to get the setting changed back. So now...I have to spend a ridiculous amount of money to replace and program another key just to remove this very stupid feature. It limits your speed, it limits the volume on your radio among other very, very annoying features. What would have been wrong with having to set a password like every other computer program on the planet....no, leave it to ford to have to make something so dumb an expensive fix.....HIGHLY DISAPOINTED WITH THE GENIUSES THAT CAME UP WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!