Used 2002 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

My Rugged 02, Ford escape xls
By Vito Mulea

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle in 2012 at Good Sam Motors here in Ocala when I first purchased this vehicle I didn't know if I would get good longevity out of it however it fooled me! This vehicle has over 250,000 miles on it occasionally I still have a few things I have to do to it nothing major the hand ability of this vehicle is very good right now I need a valve cover gasket on the engine and also my front end makes a clunking sound at certain intervals or bumps Drive drivetrain wise seems to be very strong I am very surprised with Ford engines especially this 3.0 very rugged and holds up pretty good I'm a firm believer in frequent oil changes and add a Lucas or STP oil treatment withevery oil change it handles great in bad weather for a 2002 I really have no complaints with 250,000 miles on it... thank you Vito m.

This is a great car!
By Elisabeth S

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car! Maintenance has been minimal and it has started first time, every time!

kittykat
By Nelson New

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My [non-permissible content removed] ford
By Nika Liner

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

NEVER again will I buy a ford.
This car is full of wonderful surprises , one day a spark plug flies out , another day the breaks give out and you almost die.
basically if you're looking for a car you could possibly die in unexpectedly, this is the one!!!!

Wonderful little SUV
By Michael Gazin

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Know that its not supposed to be a luxury vehicle or a sports car. Its a sturdy solidly built vehicle that is very reliable. My particular model is equipped with a v6. Its not going to get the best fuel economy in the world. Drive conservatively and you can easily go a while without getting gas. It makes a good first car for a teenager. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Since I've owned it, I've put almost 10k miles on it. It's had oil changes routinely. It had one coil pack go bad so I went ahead and replaced all 6 coils and spark plugs which wasn't cheap, but I feel its saved me in the long run. It handles pretty good on the road. It's no sports car but its not going to slip out all the time either. The 4x4 is decent. It doesn't have low range which is somewhat of a bummer but it makes sense seeing as most people will be driving this on the highway. But its nice to know that if you live in a snowy place or out in the woods you have 4x4 available. It's very spacious inside. Plenty of room even for 5 people. Overall I'd say this is one badass SUV. As long as you take care of it, its going to take care of you too.