Used 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

UPDATE: Escape hybrid running solid!
By Tishpit

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After some initial hiccups (O2 sensor, sway bar links, and notorious throttle body going kaput), I now have 132,000 miles on her and no other issues. Runs nice, tranny is smooth, mileage up to 30 - 31 MPG in mostly suburban driving (great for an AWD SUV!) and comfort is wonderful. Only thing missing is adj. lumbar support. Roomy to carry my 4 dogs (including two large Greyhounds) and fabulous visibility. The center console armrest is actually usable to rest your arm. A/C still blows cold and leather seats are in great condition with no cracking or peeling. This is a delightful SUV and sad that Ford discontinued it. We also have a Ford C-Max hybrid and it gets an astonishing 45.6 MPG average, but does not have the room that the Escape does (not even close). Handling is good, except for a WIDE turning radius (even worse on the C-Max)! U-turns are iffy. Otherwise, very happy now with the Escape and hope it remains reliable for years to come as we plan to hold on to it for a long time (hope to get 200,000+ miles from her). But after driving a rental Expedition Limited... we are considering trading the C-Max! That Expy was absolutely incredible!!!

UPDATE: Nearly 140,000 miles and still running dandy! MPG is down though to 28.6; not sure why, but figure it has to do with battery and other components getting older and less efficient. Still starts right up and gets me reliably from point A to point B. Went through some high flood waters this hurricane season without an issue. Comfortable and interior looks great for its age. Electronics work fine. Some creaking noise from rear hatch; no big deal. Got new tires and did oil change... that's it. Nav needs updated, but I'm probably not going to bother due to cost. Just gonna run her until she won't run any more or cost of repair is more than value. Keeping fingers crossed for another few years out of her or about 200,000 miles; then we will look at trading up.

I love this thing!
By St Mari

I've put almost 13,000 miles on my Hybrid since getting it in March. It came loaded, with options I didn't need or want, but now that I have them, I can't imagine not having them.

Auto park, cameras, Sirius radio, mileage, looks,heated seats, overall, everything!

Maybe have the rear hatch open off the remote? Also, have different levels of heat available for the seats---they heat up quickly and hot!

Engine shuts down completely
By brices

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had only 2,500 miles, weather conditions were hot, a/c was on, driving around town, lots of starting and stopping, gas engine would kick-in at times, and all of a sudden, the car just shuts down. Tracking light goes on, car dies, no power to nothing. Stranded. Had to sit for 30 minutes, tried it again, and worked, took to Haggerty Ford, found no error codes, nothing wrong, said maybe we blocked vents in back, there were not blocked, 1,500 miles later, same thing happened with same conditions, not, humid, a/c running, short trips around town, car completely dies out. Taking it to Ford dealer again, Has this happened to anybody out there. We've totally lost any confidence in this car.

Just what I was looking for.
By Keith W

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid for two months. It has much better acceleration than our Honda civic Hybrid and much more room. I am getting 28-32 mpg around town and up to 34 mpg on the highway. I really like the fog lights at night even if there is no fog. It is easy to park and fits into our garage easily. It has a lot of cargo space with in or both back seats down. The seats are firm and adjustable. I get gas every two weeks whether I need it or not. Dual comfort zones are a plus.

Comfortable front seats, fog lights, hybrid, keyless entry.

Fun to drive, great mileage!
By Mari

I am almost at 5,000 miles with my '10 Escape Hybrid. I love this truck! I'm averaging between 31.2 - 31.8 mpg so far. I love the Sirius radio, the back- up camera, the chrome, the comfort, the moonroof, the handling, the get-up and go, the leather, I love it all. I traded in a Tribeca Subaru for this. I wished I had done it sooner, but I saw this truck on the lot and was able to negotiate with the kind folks at the dealership. My son had purchased a regular Escape from them back in '05 and has enjoyed his truck and working with the same nice sales staff. This truck is fun to drive, looks sporty, carries more than you can imagine, and saves me $$$ on gas. What's NOT to like?

Gas mileage, handling, options, insurance discount because it is a hybrid!

Maybe make the inside quieter? Just a slight wind noise comes through.