Used 1998 Ford Contour LX 4dr Sedan Consumer Reviews

4.38 out of 5 stars

Very safe

loved it, 11/26/2003
LX 4dr Sedan

I was involved in a bad accident in this car. The car was totaled, both airbags deployed, and the car was hit at a speed in excess of 50mph. I was driving and was able to walk out of the hospital the same day. The safety features of this car are excellent. I loved the car while I had it.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great car

Michel ouellette, 01/20/2003
LX 4dr Sedan

I can't beleive that this car was replaced by the champions of recalls (the Focus). This car looks great, has loads of power, a very reliable engine/transmission (My first priority) AND outstanding handling. I will conceade that it is not the ideal familly vehicle as was intended by Ford due to restricted (even after improvement in 98)rear seat. A child seat is very difficult to use. But this was not a conscen for me. The Duratec is the only All aluminium, dual overhead cam north american engine. And no this is not a Mazda Engine , this is Ford's. And in a 3.o Liter( I wish) the standard engine in base Jaguar S type, Lincon LS, and Jaguar X-type.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Not bad!

GarysTour, 04/14/2002
LX 4dr Sedan

Going to the dealership I had the thought of buying an import. This car has been a dream. The performance and value is A+++. The only problem I've had is the sunroof getting stuck open, but the warranty covered it.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Good car but too many minor troubles...

cqbiho, 11/10/2002
LX 4dr Sedan

I think this car is nice to drive. Good handling, acceleration and even abraking system. However, the reliability of this car is far from perfect. Normally, cars from Ford is in the same situation.

4.75 out of 5 stars

putt-putt

niriana, 08/05/2005
LX 4dr Sedan

Awesome first car. Easy and smooth driving. Not too old and not too new. Excellent for first time driver.