Used 2000 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews

Used Neon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Nice car!

AntMan, 05/07/2002

Good car, more than enough power stock, although more never hurt. Never had one problem with mine, only the factory recall issues 2 to date that I have gotten nothing really. Good design, nice new look, great gas milage, I always get more than 300 miles per tank.

Still love it

ambersheree3, 02/24/2009

I bought my Neon with 27,000 on it, it now has 92,000. I've replaced 3 wheel bearrings (2 front, 1 rear), the starter, and have gone through 3 oil sending units (oil leaks from the wire harness plug) and I am still fine with driving this car! It still starts right up every morning and zooms through traffic! Even after $3000 worth of hail damage, and a enough other body damage to total the thing! It's definitely not the nicest looking car around, but it's free (paid off) and is still great after 4 years of crazy driving.

A good first car

Shin, 04/05/2009

This is my first car I've had this for almost 5 years now I'm at 108k miles, I've only had some minor issues. My car rough idles every once in a while and makes noises on the driver side front tire when I turn right, I've had it checked out and everyone has told me that there's nothing wrong, they only found a leaky freeze plug that sits in the back engine, however had my dad look at it and told me that its old residue, nothing to worry about. I have a leaky valve cover issue as well, I love the interior design, the only problem inside is the bar between the door and windshield, it creates a major blindspot, also I get poor gas mileage, between 20-25mpg...overall a good starter car.

pleasant surprise

thehidking, 03/23/2009

I have had the car now nine wonderful years. I have over 100K miles and honestly I have missed many service times and still the car runs and drives like it did when I bought it with only 2 miles on it. I have owned a honda civic and toyota corolla and hated both those cars in comparison. Parts are cheap and readily available almost anywhere. The ride is a touch stiff compared to a toyota but it is faster lighter and more fun to drive. the AC has never been touched and blows freezer like cold. My brakes seem to last almost three years with 80% left on the origional drum shoes in back. The factory sound system was nicer than the civic EX I had before this.

Watch Out!!

mad, 06/25/2002

Not a bad car until about 43k miles (warranty runs out at 35k). Now, AT THE SAME TIME, the rear main seal blows and its spewing oil everywhere, AND the dealer tells me it needs a new steering rack. That adds up to over $1,000 worth of repairs and I'm not even over 50k miles. I'll fix it then sell this stupid car before anything else goes wrong. I will never buy another Chrysler product again if I can help it.

12345...15