Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Don't let the bias fool you

joeinoh, 12/15/2010

I'm amazed the media, Edmund's included, doesn't rate this vehicle higher in its class. I reviewed minivans extensively when I found out that my wife was pregnant with our third child. After reading a few website reviews I was strongly leaning to Toy/Honda. Claimed reliability issues, build quality and a "warped bumper cover" had me running scared from the Dodge/Chrysler. I tested the Toy & Honda units & was not impressed. Then I rented a T&C for a weekend road trip. I was entirely impressed. I don't know why this product line gets the bad rap it does. Stow & Go alone sold me on the Dodge. I see Dodge units with over 200k miles all the time. Drive one before you buy a Toy or Honda.

Why Buy a Toyota When a Caravan Will Do The Trick?

Mark Flick, 09/15/2017
SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Our family owned many Toyotas back to 1980 and figured on replacing our Previa van with a Sienna. Sticker shock!! WOW!! Looked around an found a used Caravan with 90k miles for under $11k. Took a chance and have not looked back. Van is roomy and comfortable. Seats are comfortable. Third row not so much. Access through the sliding doors is good and lift over height in the rear is perfect. The engine is smooth, but gas mileage around town sucks. Highway mileage GREAT! Steering is precise and the van is fun to drive. I'd call it "peppy." Van is quiet and there is good visibility all around. Very cheap materials used on the interior, but it looks good and is easy to clean. Love Stow & Go seating and the room it provides for cargo. Transmission is not the smoothest or the most sophisticated in the world: shifts are abrupt at low speeds and upshifting is not as smooth as in our RAV4. Replaced the starter motor, but other than that, no major mechanical problems so far. The E-brake is not particularly effective but hopefully replacing the e-brake shoes will remedy the situation. Research indicates it's somewhat more complicated to replace the e-brake shoes than replacing pads and rotors, so I'm going to have it done professionally. Over all, very pleased with this vehicle.

Ignore others' slams on this vehicle

Anonymous, 12/06/2010

We're a growing family, and with another kid on the way decided it was time for us to pick up a minivan. Initially, we set out to buy a Toyota Sienna because of Toyota's reputation. But, we came off feeling a little disappointed with the entry-level Sienna: the interior was very lackluster, you have to upgrade to even get "stain resistant" seats, and the versatility of the interior wasn't what we expected. On a whim, we pulled into the Dodge dealership after a day of test-driving Siennas and a pre-owned Honda Odyssey. We were pleasantly surprised. To us, the entry Caravan's beat the Siennas. Opt for at least the 3.8 V6 though. We bought one and after 2 months are super- pleased w/it.

Hidden gem that may not be so hidden

Jeff K., 10/02/2010

After 1 year of driving 09' Dodge Grand Caravan SE, I was ready to move up to SXT trim. Base engine was too weak and 4-speed AT just couldn't get into right gear, especially at low speeds. This probably contributed to higher than expected fuel consumption as most of my driving is in the city. If you need to get from point A to point B, then base engine will do. But, if you are a spirited driver like me, skip all the engine choices and just go with 4.0L. You will not regret it. Let me tell you: this car drives completely differently. The car accelerates effortlessly. Yes, upgrade to SXT trim will cost you more but with current incentives, the '10 SXT costs less than what I paid for '09 SE.

Beware of RECALLS!

Brittany, 09/12/2015
SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Currently, there is a recall on 2008-2010 Dodge Grand Caravans. There is a problem with the Wireless Ignition Node, which can cause the key to shift from the on to accessory position and cause the engine and vehicle to lose power - thus increasing the likelihood of a crash. Unless this recall has been fixed, this van is not safe to drive. Right now the replacement parts are backordered, with a minimum wait time of 4 months. So if you are shopping in the used car market, make sure this recall has been fixed before you purchase. Dealerships DO NOT check to see if this recall has been fixed. Check specific VIN numbers at www.safercar.gov. I hope this saves someone the headache we are now suffering :( Besides the ignition being unsafe, we have enjoyed this van. It's very comfortable and roomy; it drives nice. My low rating is due to the recall and lack of parts to fix it.

12345...10