Used 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Non-soccer mom van
By Chris

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought Dottie as a used vehicle in Feb of 2015 with only 77000 miles on it. Over-all the reliability has been fairly good. Most repairs were wear and tear items or related to living in the salt belt. The bigger ticket items that needed repair were a rusted water pipe and water pump, and most recently, the starter. The van is very comfortable to drive and the steering wheel controls for the radio are a plus. With the stow-n-go seating, hauling cargo is no problem. The mileage is not bad for a vehicle this size with a max highway of 27. In town it's closer to 16-19mpg The only big issue I have is how badly it rust. It seems that all the caravans/town and county's rust in the same spots; bottom of the rear sliding doors and the rear hatch.

Poorly designed.
By wstraube

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After having a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport this 07 SXT was a big let down. I would have thought since Daimler-Benz AG merged with Chrysler in 1998 they would have produced a higher quality vehicle. Instead they cut corners everywhere they could and made in my opinion a cheeper vehicle. Where do I start? The only reason I had to get rid of my 2000 is that the shock towers were starting to rust. A problem Chrysler knew they had but didn’t do anything about. It was a safety issue. But I almost got 200,000 miles out of it. I had a little rust to fix around the drivers side wheel well. Other than that it was pretty reliable. The 07 with a little over 100,000 miles started

This thing is SLOW!!!
By tireburner1997

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great for hauling stuff around and and pulling a 12 foot boat around. you can cram a lat of people in it and it is SUPER reliable we got it with 78000 mile and it now has 123000 and nothing has gone wrong with it.

FWD! this is a bulldozer in the winter.

It helped us make a tough decision easier.
By smoo4asw

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got to see what a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country would have been like after 8 years of our use, and it wasn't pretty. The engine had half the power of the 2005 Chrysler Town and Country we were sold on until it was bought out from under us, and while it was still much more than a 3.3 liter V6 in a long wheelbase model, it was nowhere near the "Wow!" that the low-mileage 2 years older fully tuned up 2005 Chrysler Town and Country had. Since the Town and Country was sold the day before we had the cash, I valued the experience this van provided.

The perfect blend of what I liked about the 2006 LX on the interior and the 2005 Town and Country under the hood, plus it would have been a successor to a beloved Quicksilver-which was a 1995 Dodge Caravan totaled by the insurance that someone bought and is now using when we should have it! That's worth points all by itself, that it could be a good successor.

Fix the 179,000 mile doom assurance issue mentioned in the reviews of the two vans that actually had some life before that point, which this one didn't and so it was too iffy. Other than that, make the users not over love them so that they always have low miles to go along with supposed low resale value (but it seems like when you go to buy one they're always expensive unless they're dead, which is a whole new ball of wax.)

Great vehicle, underrated - I don't understand what all the complaints are about
By flyhi152

from
Avis
now it
has
about 75,000 miles on the odometer.
I have
Great
car,
great
company !

On board computer, steering wheel audio controls, 6 way power driver seat. (On my $ 65,000 Corvette with the highest trim level I have to move the backrest of the seat manually, power is not available for the backrest) Rear A/C Stow & Go seats

Passengers who want to get into the back of the van always yank on the door handle if I don't push the button fast enough. Sometimes even when the door already starts moving. Some vans operate the power sliding door by pulling the handle. Gas mileage is not that great.