Used 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Great Value
By Mike B

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for the price. Very roomy and comfortable. I've had to take it in for some minor warranty work (dvd player malfunction and a dead battery) which was disappointing, but no MAJOR problems. I'm 6'4 and fit comfortably in the driver's seat. My wife is 5'3 and also fits comfortably (we have power driver seat). I have not regretted our purchase of this vehicle.

Stow and Go seating is great: the seats folding into the floor are nice, and the storage space in the floor when the center seats are upright really comes in handy. The DVD player design is convenient (it can be controlled by the driver). Plenty of engine power. Interior is put together well.

Gas mileage needs improvement. Second- row windows should open. As a tall person (6'4) I can't see all of my gauges on the dash, particularly the turn signal indicators, because they're obstructed by the steering wheel. Window and headlamp controls need to be lighted.

Love it
By CJ

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It's got a 3.8L and it's powerful. Drives like a car, unlike my 96 Ford Aerostar. The stow-n-go seats are so easy to use and so versatile. The kiddos love the DVD and I do, too, as long as it's not Son of the Mask playing. We took it on a trip from Phoenix to Yellowstone one month after buying and it did great. Very comfy. Got 23 mpg on the trip, but only get 19 mpg normally. The rear air is a godsend here in Phoenix.

Stow-n-go, of course. Power sliding doors on both sides. 3.8L has a lot of pep. The 6 disk DVD entertainment center. The kids can watch a movie and listen on headphones while I listen to the radio or CD. Radio controls on back of steering wheel. Rear air.

I want to be able to open the windows that are on the sliding side doors. The mileage isn't bad but not as good as I'd hoped.

SXT Grand Caravan
By caravan sxt

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Caravan SXT is a quality van from the beginning . The moment you open the door to enter until you close the door to exit. Truly a joy to drive, almost too comfortable, almost... Thank you Dodge for another quality vehicle.

The nav system is truly something to ease your live. My wife had a problem with traveling , but know with the nav she has no fear.

Larger screen for the entertainment center. Relocate the spare tire.

Nice update
By bhosken

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We previously owned a 1995 Grand Caravan and because of the great reliability we had and the comfortable drive it provided we decided to stay with this for our next van. We love the features included on the SXT and find Stow and Go indespensible already.

Stow and Go, Power sliding doors, Sound system quality and steering wheel controls, mini computer with compass, temp., MPG, etc., Extended wheelbase.

Temperature control on steering wheel

Pawpawmac's
By pawpawmac

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

More comfortable than other minivans, roomier. Powerful 218 engine reacts quickly. Great for hauling smal loads and plywood w/ fold-down-seats. Adjustable roof rack very handy for ladders, trunks and the like. Full control for normal city driving.

Size, towing capability