Used 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Great so far
By Rob

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased 15 days ago, has had very good care for a 2005. Drivers seat extremely comfortable, great support. Left rear power door not working. Rides and handles well.
UPDATE
Bought it from a dealer about 3 weeks ago, with 163,000 miles. Well maintained, looks like the struts have been replaced, body is much better than most of the same model year. Drivers seat is exceptionally comfortable, great support, features all work except left middle power door does not work. dealers safety check missed a burnt out high stop light, burnt out left fog light, and had a 24 inch wiper on the tailgate window instead of the correct 16 inch wiper. The sound insulation package makes for a quite ride. It does not have the DVD players, navigation,u connect, CD "changer", center console, seats are cloth, interior is near perfect except headliner is separating in front.

piece of junk!!!
By John Doe

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

not worth it. definitely not good in the winter. nope.

Teases You With Comfort Then Bammm!!!
By a mom

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased brand new and brought our newborn son home from the hospital in it, along with our just turned 4 yr old and 18 month old boys. Loved the van - comfortable, lots of room for a double stroller and changing diapers while traveling! Seats were comfortable for Mom and Dad and with side curtain air bags all around felt we had the safest van we could afford for our little boys! At 6 years and 74,000 miles van suddenly started flying through oil over the course of a couple of weeks - but with no visible leaks or smoke! Our middle son had been diagnosed with cancer the previous year and we relied heavily on that van (our only vehicle) to get him to the clinic and hospital, as well as grocery shopping etc. (hubby is a truck driver and commutes in company truck) We needed a break in our son's treatment to get the van in the shop but in the meantime my husband checked the oil before each trip out with the van. I waited as my husband checked the oil and added a quart before I took the children with me to a store ten minutes from home. On the way back as I turned left into our neighborhood, the engine stalled leaving us in the middle of an intersection of a busy road (heading down a mountain none the less...) with my young children in the van! Thank God a police car stopped and pushed us out of harm's way. When my husband arrived and checked, there was no oil on the dipstick! We were told the van would need a new engine and neither the local dealer or Chrysler were any help what so ever. Our focus was on our sick child and our desparate need for a working vehicle so we applied for a loan and purchased a used older Toyota Sienna which, while not as comfortable and roomy, has served us incredibly well over the years. Upon searching the internet, we found out this is not an uncommon problem with this Chrysler 3.8L engine and is known as "disappearing oil" because there is NO visible drip and NO visible smoke. Chrysler should truly be ashamed of themselves for allowing anyone but particularly children, to be put at such risk! We are done with American auto manufacturers!!!

nice car
By brandon dorneman

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan CV 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

its a realy nice van its not junk

I will never buy another Dodge again
By Nick Teti

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan has too many problems to list in this review, due to character limitations of this page. I an summarize the braking system is one of the worst in vehicles I have ever had. It is mechanically undependable, and has had excessive maintenance issues since 20K miles. I would never recommend this vehicle due to these, as well several other issues. Think of purchasing a more safe and more dependable vehicle. Nick Tetti, Highlands Ranch CO.