2016 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great SUV! Just a couple of minor QC issues
By Brian Taylor

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car is great. The dealership experience was not so great as I asked them to take care of the steering wheel alignment. In doing so, they messed up the actual wheel alignment (now drifts slightly to the left) and the steering wheel is still angled to the right. Other than that, its really a great car. It replaces a '14 Grand Cherokee, and much is very similar, but cornering is tighter on the new Durango. Third row and cargo space are a plus. My only other downside is that the Beats premium audio package is lacking in bass. Also lacking in ability to control the sound processor at the head unit. But these are minor things, most people will enjoy the sound quality as it is good.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
By 16DurangoBlacktop

2016 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the 2016 SXT PLUS Blacktop Edition. Love the look. Drives smooth, hugs the road, great gas mileage ( 24.5 mpg average) The entertainment system/ controls ( touchscreen) is VERY user friendly. No problems at all with the Bluetooth. My favorites include the heated seats, heated steering wheel, the exterior and interior look. And you really feel like you are driving a SUV. The ONLY con I have is the acceleration (particularly uphill- ( but I have the V6.) Not complaining too much since it is a larger SUV and weighs more than the average counterparts so it is expected . The acceleration during driving on flat roads is fine. I had a Jeep before this and a Jetta before that. I will NEVER not own a Durango again

Like Driving A Building
By DJ

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was furnished a 2016 Dodge Durango AWD Limited by my insurance company while my Jeep Compass is being repaired (a tree fell on it). I am amused to no end that the automotive press just RAVES about the Durango while having little good to say about the Compass. Personally, I CAN'T WAIT to get my little Compass back. The Durango is a mastodon of over-engineered crapola, in my humble opinion. From the stereo I can't shut off to the engine that shuts off every time I stop, this ranch house on wheels is a Chinese water-torture of constant annoyance. It seems to run "okay", but it handles like an aircraft carrier. I checked online, and it looks like the going price for Durangos like my rental is about $40K, which I've seen described as "reasonable". I think it's absurdly overpriced.

Chrysler Hit It Out Of The Park
By patrick

2016 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I previously owned a 2003 Tahoe Z71 totally loaded and I loved it. I just retired the vehicle with 245 thousand miles on it and it was still a mule. For six years my middle son used this as his primary vehicle for high school and college. Oh what stories I would hear if the vehicle could talk. Of course, I wanted another Tahoe until I went to the dealer and went into shock at the price. A friend told me to look at the Durango. I had owned Jeeps before and liked them a lot but needed the third row. Upon further investigation I found out this is a Jeep with the third row as its made on the same platform since the last four years. I needed the Hemi to tow boats and snowmobiles and wow, how cool a vehicle. And it has far superior gas mileage for the big powerful V-8 paired with the new Fiat 8 speed transmission. I wound up with the Citadel trim level and its plenty posh yet durable enough to last. I can't see having any regrets as I scoot around in this very peppy SUV. Brand loyalty can be a good thing but sometimes it pays to switch and big time in this case!

First Assessment
By Leo Chaney

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Towing capacity and capability are key elements in addition to common safety, comfort, and technology features. That said dealer confirmed a 15 percent tongue weight to towing ratio for the Citadel