Used 2016 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Dodge Durango Love!
By Karen Turk

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I absolutely love this car! My lease is almost up and I am seriously considering leasing another. It has a roomy luxurious interior, great looking exterior, and enough power to hall your family or tow a load. With enough room for families large or small, room for luggage or tools and decent on gas.

Amazing for those who want dad bods
By Dad Bod 1

2016 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is probably one of the best purchases I have made. I was at first a little bit apprehensive as there are many competitors in this area however, this Dodge Durango blows all of them out of the water. I have a second row bench in my RT and it goes from family wagon and grocery getter to surprising the guy trying to race me in his fancy F-150 or Ram.

Love, love, love!!!
By MsChris228

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After a lot of research, I had narrowed my search for an SUV to the Durango and the Ford Explorer. I wanted a third row, but I needed to have power leather seats, push button start, and keyless entry. After test driving only the Durango Limited AWD, I was sold. The price was better than the Explorer Limited and customer satisfaction was similar for both models. I have driven this for 6 months now, including a 10 day 2500 mile road trip with 4 adults and a 6 year old child, and I am still in love with this truck. I opted for the 2016 because it had chrome trim that the 2017 did not, making it look a little less manly but I’m a girl so that’s a good thing. The only drawbacks to note are as follows: 1) The auto start/stop is supposed to be a fuel saving feature, but it is annoying. It can be turned it off by pushing a button, but the car defaults back to the auto start/stop feature whenever you turn the car off. Given the awesomeness of the touchscreen, it would have been great if Chrysler would have made that programmable. 2) A few times there has been a bit of a delay in shifting when gunning the engine and mine has even revved up more than I expected in that situation. It’s short-lived and not problematic, just not necessarily what I expect or hope for if I’m trying to pass or beat somebody at a traffic light. 3) There is a problem with the lifespan of the front turn signal lightbulbs. They burn out prematurely and due to the layout under the hood, they’re not too easy to get to. I did find a how-to video on YouTube, so this is apparently a frequent issue with the 2016 and earlier model years. I was successful in changing out my bulb on my own though. 4) The headrests of the back seats on the passenger side, do add to the small blind spot created by the shape of the side window. This isn’t too much of an issue as long as they are flipped down when everyone is out of the back seat. That all said, the pros well offset the only cons I have found after 6 months of ownership. The car is quiet, comfortable, handles well in dry and wet conditions, and is loaded with features.

2016 Citadel for a family of 5, ten months down
By Mike T

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Good: This car is built on the same plat form as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Mercedes-Benz SUVs. It is a solid ride, very good road feel, quiet, smooth, good visibility, and MPG is probably around 25 hwy and 20 around town. To say others get better MPG not accurate. The back seat is decent for an adult so don't compare it to a Highlander, Pathfinder, Pilot, Explorer, 2017 Acadia, or a CX-9. Those SUVs don't allow for an adult in the back and also don't have enough in the very back to place a stroller with the 3rd seat up, you do in the Durango (tight but you can do it). The Citadel is not a luxury SUV but it is extremely close. Ventilated seats are a very nice touch and all the material is soft touch and feels really nice. Never thought the heated steering wheel would be so nice. The infotainment system is easy to use and offers you everything I can think of. One touch entry is awesome. Blind spot monitoring in side mirrors as well as when backing up is very nice. Love the captain chairs in the 2nd row, it is one of the best features for a family. The Stereo is great, our boy in the back made us turn the bass all the way down. the 20' rims and great grill set the car apart from the other boring cookie cutter suvs out there. The back race track lights are cool but a little extreme. The Bad: We traded in our 2014 GMC Acadia and for the Durango and the Acadia turned out to be the perfect size and it had a little better acceleration. The Durango can only fit two in the 3rd row, it is more narrow then we were use to so it is just a little tighter all around. The Durango is really a great car and considering that is bigger then most other 3 row SUVs out there so it is a good price. Just look at a Yukon or a Tahoe and then tell me if you think it is over priced.

2016 Dodge Durango Limited
By Randy Powell

2016 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Thus far, I find the Durango overall a very good car. Surprisingly, my gas mileage over all is about 20mpg. The car rides will comfortable and the technology is very intuitive. I do not like the auto start as this takes some getting use too. Every time you come to a complete stop, the engine shuts down and restarts once you press the accelerator. With this feature, I wonder about the life of the starter?