2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392 Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392 - Consumer Reviews

SRT 392 6.4L V8 8-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

My retirement toy.
By A.A.

2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392 SRT 392 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

I LOVE my SRT 392 . It's my daily ride and I've owned it around seven months. Too date, ownership has been trouble free. The 392 Hemi is very strong and along with the eight speed transmission does a good job getting this roughly 4500 pound car moving. If I behave, I can easily get 17 MPG around town which is better than my 2007 SXT 3.5 LTR AWD Charger got. Mileage or the increased cost of car insurance were never even considered in my decision to order this car. I've always loved performance cars and had a 69 340 GTS Dart when I was 16 and to this day still own a 69 340 Dart Swinger. My car is heavily optioned and is painted in Crystal Granite with black interior. The interior is beautiful and so much richer looking than my 2007 which had way too much plastic. My 2007 Charger had horrible blind spots and I could never see the back of the car when I was backing up. These are no longer issues for me in my 2016. The car looks fantastic with it's styling and the way it sits. The active exhaust is loud during start up but quiets down when the RPM drops. There of course some give and takes. No more pulling up to a parking lot cement block unless you want to tear up your front fascia. Curbs can also be real mean to those 20" hyper forged wheels. I even had to find another car wash for the winter months because this car does not have enough ground clearance for some automatic cars washes. I gave up an AWD vehicle for a RWD vehicle and we're just getting into winter along with snow where I live. This is a daily driver which is one reason I didn't want a Hellcat but seeing I'm retired I can stay home if the snow is too deep or borrow my wife's Grand Cherokee.

Vroom vroom!
By Dan Bruns

2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392 SRT 392 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

If you do not like going fast, do not buy this car. It is the perfect combo family car plus performance. 375+ horsepower to tow the kids around? Oh yes I love it.

Great Car
By Gracie Estrada

2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392 SRT 392 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

Would of have liked a CD player in the car