Used 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Consumer Reviews

R/T Scat Pack 6.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

A Lot Of Bang For Your Buck
By Barry

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack R/T Scat Pack 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my 2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack in October 2016 with 450 miles on the odometer. With the exception of my backup camera going bad at 2000 miles the car has had no real problems. The car is like a boat but it handles quite well and far better than one might expect. The big thirsty 6.4 liter engine is powerful and you'll find yourself stopping at the gas station quite frequently if you drive the car the way it was meant to be driven - fast! But then who buys an R/T Scat Pack for it's gas milage? Interior wise there is an abundance of hard plastics which is pretty much the norm for most cars built today. My major complaint is the rear tailight section which is cheap plastic and can be easily scratched. Lots of cost cutting on Dodge's part. It's hard to believe even the expensive Hellcat get's the same cheap plastic lights in the back. Ride quality with the Bilstein suspension is poor in my opinion and quite stiff and over bumpy roads it can be extremely annoying. If you prefer a softer ride buy the regular R/T or an SRT with it's adjustable suspension. On the plus side are the four piston Brembo brakes which are excellent. Also, the active exhaust sounds great with it's bark at startup and it's burbles when accelerating. The Challenger Scat Pack is a powerful muscle car that still needs a lot of improvement but can definitely hold it's own against most Mustang 5.0's, Camaro SS's and various BMW's. The upgraded Alpine sound system is decent but has no CD player. Apparently Dodge has done away with offering a CD player in their cars after the 2014 models. Chevy has also done away with offering a CD player in their cars. You can still get one in most Ford models.

Concerned
By Michael Nolen

Too many warranty items2...Battery went dead after 2.4 yrs

Best car i have owned out of all the sports cars.
By Paul1966

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack R/T Scat Pack 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is awesome! Hands down winner when test driving camaro and mustang. No issues at all with the car except the TERRIBLE head rest sets WAY back, totally unusable to taller drivers that have to tilt the seat for head room and the fact to get the BEE on the splash screen on start up you have to purchase a package. THEY ARE ALL SCAT PACKS! Shaker comes with custom Shaker badging on seats, and splash screen. This is the first car i have not wanted to customize the hell out of. Near perfect the way it is. The Alpine stereo is ok, NOT great, but I would spend the difference for HK system.

Modern muscle
By steve stavros

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack R/T Scat Pack 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

When I started shopping for a new car I was looking for something that isn't ordinary that offered a manual transmission. After reading reviews and comparison tests my first stop was the Chevy dealer to look at the Camaro SS. It is an awesome car to drive but not very good looking and small. I need a back seat and the Camaro has a package shelf with seat belts instead of somewhere to sit. So then I went on to the Ford dealer to look at the Mustang GT. I drove about a half dozen GT's set up in all the different configurations I also drove a couple Ecoboost equipped cars just for comparison. The back seat in the Mustang can actually be used as a seat for short trips so I was going to pull the trigger on a GT/PP but everyone I looked at either had too many options or not enough and every different car I looked at always had some fit to finish problems (panels not lining up, the grills being off and so on) the more I looked at these the more turned off I became. Then I headed to the Dodge store and started to look at the Challenger. I ended up with the Challenger because it was put together better than the mustang, has a real back seat, its a blast to drive, interesting to look at, and fast. I don't consider the Challenger a "pony car" like the others, so the size and weight do not bother me. I think of the Challenger similar to a 70's/80's "personal luxury coupe" like the Charger was marketed.

Chevy Guy went over to Dodge
By Z-Man

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack R/T Scat Pack 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the Challenger R/T with the Scat Pack option, 6.4L engine, 6-spd manual shift, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat color. I've had the Challenger for one month now and couldn't be happier. I'm tipping my hat to Dodge designers and engineers for an amazing muscle car. Initially I was looking at the big 3 muscle cars - Mustang GT, Chevy Camaro SS, and Dodge Challenger. I didn't like the look of the 2016 Mustang's front end (to me it looks like a Focus or Fusion). I then sat in the 2016 Chevy Camaro - visibility out of the windshield is like looking out of a WWII Sherman Tank gun sight (too small for me) lousy (I don't know what the Chevy designers were thinking here). Finally, I sat in the 2016 Challenger - fantastic!" I'm 6ft tall and weigh 185lbs and have absolutely no problem fitting into the car - very comfortable. I then took a test drive - case closed! The Challenger designers and engineers at Dodge not only hit a home run with this car, they hit a home run with the bases loaded! Fit and finish is supreme, 8.4 inch U-Connect works fabulous, NAV works great, Blue Tooth was a snap to set up, climate control working through the 8.4 inch screen is amazing. The steering wheel seems perfect. Anything else? Oh yeah - 25mpg+ on the highway in 6th gear (it pulls around 1800 RPM at 80mph). Get the 20-inch Hyper Black II Forged Alum Wheels - beautiful set up. The added weight of the car (heavier than Camaro and Mustang) gives the Challenger a fabulous ride. The trunk is huge for a muscle car. It corners great, standard Brembo (4-piston) brakes work just fine. All 485 horses are there, make no mistake about that. The 6-speed manual Tremec Transmission is slick! I bought this car because I wanted American muscle, and boy did Dodge deliver! It's been a year since I wrote this review - still wonderful. The only change I recommended to Dodge would be to make it a standard feature: BLIND SPOT MONITORING.