Used 2000 Daewoo Nubira Wagon Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Daewoo Nubira Wagon Consumer Reviews

CDX 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

A disgrace to the word "Automobile".
By toiletbeard

2000 Daewoo Nubira Wagon CDX 4dr Wagon

Stay far, far away from this vehicle. My Daewoo was dirt cheap ($2000 with decent mileage) and now I know why. In 2 years, I've had to replace the starter, the alternator, front & rear brake pads, the timing belt, mechanisms for the tires, 2 batteries/loads of bulbs due to the faulty wiring, various hoses, bearings and fuses, oil leaks patched every year, the sunroof broke, the CD player shorted out, all 4 door handles popped off, buttons stopped working on the dash, and more. As we speak, the high beams are stuck "on" because of the bad wiring, so I have to disconnect the battery or pull the fuse when I stop. Good luck getting replacement parts, which are expensive and hard to find.

The sound system was pretty decent when it worked.

Based on how often parts break, I can only assume that Daewoo made these cars out of discarded VCR parts. I've owned 7 cars in my lifetime, some even cheaper than this one, and have never encountered so many problems. I know that Daewoos are cheap, but you are better off spending your money on a different car. Any car. This car is an absolute piece of garbage from front to back. Also, my Nubira is an automatic, not a 5-speed, but they wouldn't let me select the automatic model from the drop-down menu.

Great car for the Money
By Charlie

2000 Daewoo Nubira Wagon CDX 4dr Wagon

I have had this car for 3 years: No big problems.

This is a easy car to drive: No blind spots; and good power for a 4 cylinder.

Daewoo Dilemma
By xoloitzquintle

2000 Daewoo Nubira Wagon CDX 4dr Wagon

I purchased a Daewoo after driving one as a rental in Europe. It is a great car: reliable, well-performing, and well designed. The only problem is that Daewoo left the US market after bankruptcy making service at times difficult. Fortunately I have had no problems with the car and needs little service. I have driven the car cross-country three times. It has a comfortable ride and performs well under all conditions.

Rear defrost also defrosts outside mirrors. Very spacious - both passangers and cargo. Good acceleration power.

GM, which bought Daewoo motors and runs it abroad, should bring the brand back to the US (it sells Daewoo cars under the Chevorolet label).

Not the worst car I ever bought
By darryl daewoo

2000 Daewoo Nubira Wagon CDX 4dr Wagon

Even though many people are down on these
cars I have to say I have had little to
know problems with this car. Of course
finding parts and someone who knows the
car hasn't been easy. The people at
Daewoo have been very good about finding
the right people to work on the car. So
I have been lucky. I think the motor and
transmission in the car are outstanding. Just a
shame what GM did to all of us poor
folks stuck with a Daewoo.

The fact that I have driven the crap out of this car and it always starts and goes. Weird that my gas mileage has actually gotten better

CDX Wagon 5 speed
By DanL

Bought in Sep 2000 and now has 73000 on
it. Main belt broke at 52000 killing
the engine but was covered on
warranty. Tires do not last as long as
other cars. I get 27 in town and up to
35 highway. Nice handling and brakes.
Has developed a vibration in front end
at 70000, and is on its 3rd battery.
Power mirros quit early on. No resale
so I'll keep it another year.

5 speed and independent susp/disk brakes. Very nice sound system for inexpensive car.

Quality is not up to Toyota or Honda but since they don't make them, eh? It is better than a Hyundai I drove for a while.