Used 1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

MY WOO HAS BEEN GREAT TO ME
By savage

1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SX 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for years and its been a great car just regular maintaince i do change my timing belts about 5,000 miles before they are due and always change my oil every 4,000 miles and have change my automatic transmission filter and fluids regular still has great heat and cold air and great gas milege i drive it almost daily i would buy anther anyday and i never had a problem finding anything i need the internet is your best friend

My Daewoo Lanos Hatchback or 3 drs,
By William E. Lowe

1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I still have it and driving it. It a great car I turned in to a racer. So bsd they don`t sell it more in Puerto Rico. I had to do some changes because most of its part don`t sell it no more. Most of its part had to buy by the net to e-bay. Or get the from other cars at the Yunkers.

Features are good but I've change soon to make it look like a fast and furious car it still run fast.

I suggest if you want to make it more great make it an all wheel drive with turbo from factory. I will like to send pictures of it let you guys see what I did to it. I had it for more than ten years it still look new.

My Review Of the Deawoo Lanos
By thedeawoo

1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SX 2dr Hatchback

I have had it for two years. No major repairs. Only one minor repair. But the minor one of a hose. My mechanic said it was hard to get a hose He said luckily this was a minor repair but what happen if it becomes major. He said for this car parts are going to get hard and hard to find. This is the only reason why i am even considering selling it. It is such a reliably car only if you take care of routine maintenance, even then it cuts you a little slack. This is the best car and the least expensive car i have ever purchased, EVER. Don't worry about breaking down i can get in and go just about anywhere. Can park just about anywhere

Zips around Gas is great I'm 5' and its very accessible for a small person like me!

MAKE NEW PARTS STILL!

Had Fun
By 99Daewoo

1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had a lot of fun with this car. It has saved me a lot of money in gas and oil. Great commuter car no problem.I think if you do the suggested maintenance you will have no problems. Most expense was I had the timing belt changed as suggested at 50,000 miles. With these engines that is a must. Just maintain the car as the book suggests.

Great gas mileage.

Horrible Car
By MellyXCore

1999 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SX 2dr Hatchback

I would not recommend buying this car at all. It lasted 1 year. It's had a ton of maintenance problems. Many of the problems seem to be electrical. So far we've had to fix the transmission, replace the battery, and the car dies as soon as I put gas in it. The parts for the car are also cheap so everything will be falling apart within the first 3-5 months as I noticed. The windows get stuck when you try to roll them up. The sun roof doesn't work. It's very hard to keep clean. I thought this would be a first good car. I would definitely not recommend buying this or any Korean car.

None.