Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Used car should have kept

doxen, 09/15/2010

We bought this for our son in the military. We liked the looks and it was reasonable had 95k miles. We took it in to AAA garage and they only put in a new timing belt and changed the radiator fluid for a cold climate. I drove it from Phoenix to east coast and ran great. It was also more comfortable than making the same drive in a town car or suburban. The mechanics said should be good for another 1999999 miles, We liked looks so much we are now looking at other sebrings for us. Have owned chrysler lebaron Triumph (biggest disaster) chevy hondas. This ranks in the best.

Wow, What A Surpise

MissShona, 05/25/2008

A couple of weeks ago I brought a '01 Sebring LX. I was on a tight budget but I still wanted a "cool" car. I never knew a Chrysler would fit the bill! Although I have an LX, it has the V-6 engine. This is my first automatic car but it's so peppy I almost don't miss shifting. Passing and acceleration are no problem. It's comfortable on long road trips. It looks amazing for a 7 year old car. I was considering the Mitsubishi Eclipse from around the same years and this car was thousands cheaper than the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (but with the same engine). The exterior looks very classy too.

Surprise Surprise

michael c, 06/28/2008

The circumstances I got my Sebring in is another story, but it wasn't my initial choice. I was skeptical of Chryslers having owned a Neon that was a turd. But it turns out it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse in a Sebring body! It has been a great car. I do regular maintenance myself, and have used premium fuel and synthetic oil since the first change. It runs as strong with 7 yrs and 83,000 miles as it did with 10 days and 100.

Very fine, smooth, eye-catcher

Ken T, 07/08/2010

One of the finest, most subtle, smooth, solid, quality rides I've ever had the pleasure of owning & driving (& I've had alot!). Excellent power (3.0 L, 24v, Mitsu engine with 5-spd), handling, & stopping ability. All without alot of hot rod/dog noise & flash; just a fine tune from the (unfortunately single) exhaust & from the engine. Yet due to power2weight, I get 23-27 mpg driving in the fast lane. (K&N filter, Z-Max, airflow director, Vavoline Durablend, & +1 Toyo Z-rated's help) Have run it at both Laguna Sega & Infinion raceways with grand style, good times much fun! Then for the evenings; the babes luv the leather, truly distinctive sytle, & Indigo color!

Outstanding luxury sleeper!

Ken Thurman, 11/18/2008

One of the finest cars I've owned. A real head-turner & BMW- surpriser! I got the loaded performance 5-speed with 24-value Mitsu V6. Gorgeous indigo exterior with gray leather, "wood" trimmed, 4-CD blowout sounds interior. At first changes added; K&N filter, Z- Max & 245x45 Toyo's. Been absolutely rock-solid reliable & that's even after hot laps around Sears Point & Laguna Seca! What a rush. Only complaints are a bit too much wind noise, limited rear quarter vision, & power mirrors lost power. Oil, belts, brakes, & tires are only money I've had to put in. At 75,000 miles. No major maintenance until I reach 90,000 miles + 100,000 warranty to boot! Great!

1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring Review

Victor Kaminski, 10/21/2009

At around 85,000 miles I am generally happy with the car, the performance is good, no strange noises or anything like that in the 7 years I've owned it. I purchased the car as a left over in January 2002. My Gripe: I was misled about signing a disclosure that he was explained that the paint was not covered by warranty against chips & scratches. Duh... he replied that people sue over anything. Little did I know they used an experimental "environmentally friendly" paint,if I knew I wouldn't have signed. After about 3 years the clear coat started pulling up from the paint which made my black car have white blotches all over, the clear coat began falling off and I have no recourse. Deception

2001 LXI COUPE

MARC LOSITO, 11/09/2002

I HAVE A 2DR LXI COUPE, V6, 5 SPD. IT HAS ENOUGH GET UP AND GO FOR THE FAMILY MAN BUT ENOUGH ROOM FOR THE FAMILY. AND ON THE OPEN ROAD IT HAS EXCELLENT ACCELERATION AND POWER. INTERIOR FEATURES AND ERGONOMICS ARE EXCELLENT. COMFORT IS A MUST AND WITH THE 2001 CHRYSLER SEBRING YOU'LL GET IT

Don't count on it . . . or Chrysler

Hoovey, 10/10/2005

This is my first Chrysler, and it will certainly be my last. Don't get me wrong - I love the looks of the car, but looks sure aren't everything. I have had problems with my Sebring since I purchased it. First it was the engine. No one ever seemed to be able to find the problem when the engine light came on every 4-6 months. Now it's the paint job, which is fading fast on the top and trunk. Don't expect any help from Chrysler either. Under warranty or not, the problems are yours to fix and worry about. For a company that relies on customers, their customer service is anything but. Take my advice (as I wish I had taken from others before I bought this car) - don't buy a Chrysler!

Wish they still made this one...

Lisa, 03/20/2007

I bought new. At 60k I wrecked the front end; needed radiator; heating/cooling replaced and body work. I kept driving and now have 170,000 miles on my car. The only reason I'm trading in is all the replacement parts are starting to go bad and I can't live without air conditioning in the summer. I wish they still made this car because I'd buy another in a heart beat. There is nothing like slouching down in the seat and punching the gas. Lots of fun.

Never Another Chrysler

MadinDetroit, 03/13/2008

Before I bought this car I was warned that Chrysler's have a hard time in cold weather. Now at 100,000 I can attest to the fact that those cold morning startups are getting progressively worse by the season. I believe the blower motor is also dying, it squeals very loudly on the first startup of the day. Sounds like the belts are going bad, and the brakes and struts have failed on all 4 corners. The seats are very uncomfortable. The design is also a bit awkward as it is very difficult to see traffic lights from the front seats when at rest. Fuel mileage should be better for it to be such a "regular" car. And the trans failed at 99,000 miles.

51050