Used 1995 Chrysler New Yorker Consumer Reviews

$765 - $1,846

Used New Yorker for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best ever

jweener, 02/09/2003
4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with over 100k Miles,and currntly over 121K Miles with no major expense to date. I purchased from a small local dealer for ~ $3900. Best deal and car I've had. I have had many Ford/Mercury big boys, Grand Marquis, etc. They had power, but this one has it all, especially comfort and reliabilty, sorry they (Chrysler) stopped making it... :>(

NewYorker state of mind...get it!

AllanNorthBflo, 11/19/2009
4dr Sedan

The New Yorker is a pleasure to own and drive. My lovely white New Yorker has proven itself to be a real value. Excellent body and chassis integrity as well as fit and finish. Reliable, powerful and economical 3.5L engine is bulletproof. The seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever sat in. Frankly, at 14 years old, only one item now fails to function: the A/C compressor. This is my daily driver and the second Chrysler LH sedan I've owned (previously a 95 Concorde..also superb). With its robust engine, tight steering and larger 16" tires (Kelly Charger) it handles the highway beautifully. The styling is timeless and tasteful. I love my New Yorker and am proud to drive it everywhere.

best vehicle to own and drive

goldreyer, 12/27/2006
4dr Sedan

i bought my with 37,000 miles. never had a problem yet. it'll last me about 8 more years.

Terrible

Not Very Good, 06/16/2008
4dr Sedan

I've replaced the engine, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, inner tie rods, radiator and thermostat. The a/c compressor is seized, 2 dummy lights are on and can't be reset, fuel sending unit doesn't work. What is to like? A person would think by now I've fixed all the problems and should have no more to worry about. However I believe this isn't the case. I would recommend this car to absolutely no one. Absolutely terrible.

What a deal!

West Texas Legend, 04/30/2002
4dr Sedan

My family of four has enjoyed this luxury sports sedan for over four years now. It has provided up to SIX members of the "lard-as" family as we are called, with several trips to TCBY and Dairy queen for hevenly treats when the temperature has been a 100+ degrees. It has very reliable. The only complaint is that I have had to replace both tie rod ends, this may be because my wife has swerved to try and run over me more than once...Not really! I would recommend this car to anyone. Go Chrysler, Go!

New Yorker Love-Hate Relationaship

Boiler, 05/13/2002
4dr Sedan

We have had our New Yorker for 110,000 of its 138000 miles. We love the roominess, trunk space, and the appearance. We feel that it offers more combined passenger/cargo space than large SUVs and still drives like a car. The big drawback has been reliability. We have replaced the transmmission, sttering parts, and the front axles and wheel bearings. Mechanics tell me to expect transmission #2 to go out in about 40-60000 more miles.

This car is not for you

carfan42, 01/27/2009
4dr Sedan

This car from day one took me through the ringer. The day after a purchased it used from the car lot with 120,000 plus miles on it I hoped I would have good luck. But I soon discovered that that climate control would not shut off, it blew A/C cold but only thru the windshield defrost vents and trying to switch the blowing patened resulted from crazy sounding noise coming from the A/C unit. Next the windshild wipers only worked on high and you had to catch them while in the down position and quickly flip the switch to get them to stay there. The gas mileage stinks and the tape deck did not play at all. Lastly precisely after 2 weeks of owning it the transmission went dead. Shame on Chrysler!

lemon

none of your busines, 12/16/2002
4dr Sedan

this car was purchased by my daughter a couple of years ago. she had about one good year with it. now she is stuck with a car that that's air conditioning doesn't work the transmission has to be a certain temperature before it catches, and the paint job is bad. it is a shame, it was such a pretty car and she was so proud of it, and took such good care of it. she paid a lot of money for this lemon. shame on chrysler for making such a lemon

Excellent Car

Shay, 01/27/2003
4dr Sedan

I have had great experience with this car.

'95 New Yorker

moving right along, 10/30/2003
4dr Sedan

This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I purchased this vehicle with 68,000 miles, besides for normal maintenance I have had no problems. I am getting ready to turn 150,000 miles. I average about 4,000 miles a month in travel for my job, and this vehicle affords me the room and comfort that I was looking for.

MY '95' New Yorker

ElCid, 03/10/2002
4dr Sedan

Its one of the best cars I've had. Its very comfortable, and long trips are really a pleasure. The seats give great support. It handles very well like a sports car. A great car for long trips with plenty of room for luggage.

Not a good car

Mario, 03/25/2008
4dr Sedan

I bought this car in mint condition with only 72,000 miles on it. This car did not last even 30 days before the transmission went. I would never recommend this car to anyone and I will never purchase a Chrysler again. This was one of the worst decisions I've ever made.

51050