Used 2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

this not your grandpa's 1970's era dodge aspen
By Tracy Brown

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

total luxary, lazy boy type driving comfort, decades of chrysler realiable hemi power, years of lasting body styling on a dodge ram chassis, engineering dependabilty, what more can I tell.........60 years of purchasing more than 35 various cars/trucks, and this chrysler aspen, is most definately the very best that I have yet to own............I bought it for my birthday in 2007, and I still own it and still enjoy driving it every day..............
updated 4.12.2017 by Tracy Brown........well, readers, I still own my Chrysler Aspen Limited 5.7L Hemi RWD.........and I like it more today than before my last review..........I probably have the last Aspen Standing..........Chrysler put a gazzillion dollars into the Dorango Makeover, and they will never but never re-coup that money on the DOGG of a Dorango !!!! I would have, had I been Chrysler, never badged this SUV the Aspen.........I would have dumped the dorango brand, and re-upted the badge of the long time ago, Chrysler luxo finned crusier the " Imperial " its was pure luxary..........and I would have marketed this (ASPEN) as the Imperial, and aimed it directly at the GM's Caddy Esclade, and the Ford Lincoln Navigator, and brought back the rivarly of the "Big 3" auto makers from the 1960's and 1970's......there have only been two men in the automotive business ever, that were geniuss, Mr. Henry Ford and the great Lee Iococa !!!! everybody since those two men, and even up to this date.........could not walk and chew gum at the same time........ok ok put the tomatos you are about to throw at me down please .......... I am only talking about domistice car makers.........gezzzz give a guy a break.
Tracy Brown
10.13.2017 update..........I was right with this review then, and the review stands firm of/for my Chrysler SUV is even more worthy of high praise today.......and I have the support of the worlds finest and most all around knowledgable mechanic...............because my daddy told me way back when..........son, get yourself a good heart specialist, and a great mechanic..............words of wisdom for the ages for any car guy.............lol
Tracy Brown

8 years, 85k miles, 0 problems
By Greg

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After eight years and 85k miles, I've not had a single problem with my Aspen. It has not a squeak or rattle, and the engine still runs without a trace of vibration. The interior still cleans up like new after detailing even after eight years of kid/dog abuse. Our dog goes on the leather seats a lot and her nails haven't so much as scratched the leather. My factory brake pads lasted past 60k miles. The 5.7 Hemi doesn't exactly sip fuel, but it sure does tow when needed. Other than seeing the trailer in the rear view mirror, I can hardly tell I'm towing at all. Off road handling has been good on mountain dirt roads and beach sands.

Other than scheduled maintenance and battery changes, I've not had to shell out a dime's worth of maintenance for the Aspen. AC is still as strong as ever; no seals, gaskets, belts or hoses have needed replacing; no degradation from wear and tear yet other than cosmetic items. As the original owner with a lifetime power train warranty, I don't see much incentive to replace the Aspen any time soon.

Knockoff of a Mercedes-Benz ML Class
By Chrysler is the Wal-Mart of Mercedes Benz

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My dad drives this car. He's had it since I was in the second grade. This car has had its ups and downs. It has a great radio. The wood is beautiful to look at. The suspension is buoyant. With interior quality, DiamlerChrysler cut corners. It feels like a cheapened Mercedes-Benz ML Class. If you want a family SUV, there are better choices out there for much less.
Examples:
Honda Pilot
Toyota Highlander
Ford Flex
Mazda CX9

Completely Fantastic SUV-already own 3!
By Jim Chalon

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my first Aspen in 2008 brand new. So far I've driven it 40k and it has NEVER had any problems of any kind! After owning it for 2 years I bought 2 more. The ride is extremely quiet and smooth and seats are comfortable. Leather interior is VERY high quality. Gas mileage is great at 22 mpg on the highway. This vehicle does VERY, VERY well on snow and ice. I tow a large boat and haul 6-7 adults with it regularly. Handling is SUPERB! When I found out they were going to be discontinued, I bought 2 more. All 3 have never had any problems. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, large, high quality, luxury SUV.

Exterior styling, towing capabilities, SUPERB traction and handling, AMAZING air conditioner and heater, smooth quiet ride, the list could go on indefinitely..

no suggestions!

Fantastic SUV!
By IOJ

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and I have to say that is CERTAINLY the best SUV we have ever had! We have had Durangos in the past-- although nice they do not compare to the Aspen--especially in looks! The Aspen's ride is incredibly smooth! These vehicles do EXTREMELY well on snow and ice! We put 37K miles on our Aspen, and it has never had 1 problem of any kind. We have had Nissan Armadas in the past which only get 16- 17mpg on the highway whereas the Aspen gets 20 mpg. With the towing capacity and luxury you get for such a low price, I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a completely reliable, luxurious, and high quality SUV for a reasonable price.

premium ride, excellent traction--due to the electronic stability and traction control, beautiful styling, comfortable seats, superb handling, and easy-to-turn steering wheel are among the many amazing features this fantastic SUV has.

Nothing!