Used 2000 Chrysler 300M Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 300M for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

14 years and still going strong

duster7, 01/22/2014
4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 300M brand new (ordered from the factory) and have had nothing but a great experience with it. The car was not as fast as my twin-turbo Stealth but very few cars could match that performance. But it has room. I am tall and even with the driver's seat in my driving position, I can sit comfortably in the back seat without my legs touching the driver's seat. The ride is very comfortable without being out-of-touch. The reliability has been nothing short of amazing. Other than normal wear parts (tires, break pads, bushings, wiper blades, air filters, etc) the car has not needed any significant work. Nearly 200,000 miles!

My 300M - 248,849 miles same eng and trns.

Ray K, 07/31/2009
4dr Sedan

I have put 248,849 miles on my 300M, still has the original engine and transmission. I have to say I did keep up with the oil changes, most of my driving was highway driving for about 100 per day. The 300M has served me well. The problems I have had with the car was that all 4 of the automatic door locks needed to be replaced, warranty handled the cost of 2 and I footed the cost for the other 2. I even tried to get them to replace the last 2 before the door locks failed and the warranty ran out but no luck. Also the air-conditioner required about 1,000 dollars of work to get fix after 7 years. If those items didn't go wrong I may have gotten another. Surprise, but I'm driving a Prius now.

Still Love It

Carloskid, 03/28/2010
4dr Sedan

After 10 years of loving attention, my '2000 M still turns heads. With factory chrome wheels and slightly fatter tires on the 17" wheels, it looks very contemporary. Most newer cars still retain the look the 330M pioneered in 1999. No significant problems - Except for tires, all original equipment. (Almost all highway driving). I'd buy it again.

Wish Chrysler still made them.

Paul, 04/20/2008
4dr Sedan

The most comfortable car i have ever owned. 250 HP and 26 MPG combined city/hwy. Bought it used in 1/2005 with 120k on it. Still had original EVERYTHING: shocks, struts, battery, brakes. Original owner did nothing but put gas in it(probably didn't even change the oil). I changed all those items and put new tires on it, then racked up 65k more over the next 2 years. It started everyday, got me wherever I wanted to go in comfort and style. Just had to change the oil every 3k. It was the best car I've ever had and it was only $7k (low price because of the high miles). I wish I could buy a brand new one, but they've been replaced with the new 300 (fewer features, higher prices).

Huge Mistake Buying Chrysler 300M!!!!

ChryslerJunk, 09/29/2009
4dr Sedan

I was stupid enough to go from owning a reliable, quality built Honda Accord to purchasing a Chrysler 300M in late 1999. Big mistake. I was suckered into believing in American made and falling for the cool exterior design...what was underneath was pure junk. I can't tell you the amount of money, worry, disappointment, and absolute frustration this vehicle has brought me. I remember bringing it home thinking I would baby it and have it for years...imagining it could be considered a classic some day...what a naive notion that was. It's a Chrysler stupid!!!! USA Auto Execs dismissed Dr. Deming who wanted to teach them about Total Quality Systems. So he went to Japan where they listened.

Too many problems.

rifat, 11/09/2008
4dr Sedan

If only it had a better looking front and was more reliabile, this car could have joined the classic cars. What I don't understand is why Chrysler seem to be careless to the same problems that keep on coming year after year without taking care of them.

Good, Bad, and Ugly

Renee, 12/15/2008
4dr Sedan

The good: my 2000 300M drive and handling on the highway and around corners is great! the bad is occassionally my interior lights for no reason start to flash on and off which can be very distrubing when you are drivig on the highway at night and you look like an emergency vehicle racing down the highway also i've had to replace my center caps 3 times at 20.00 a replacement my roters have been replaced 2 twice the weather stripping around the doors has been replaced also the door lock motor is sprung the speakers have blowen, the heater blows cold air, transmission and oil leak (its now at the shop) the ugly the car paint is pealing terribly but I love this car! thanks Chrysler

Liked almost everything about the car

Ken, 02/20/2009
4dr Sedan

I had my 300M about 1 1/2 years. It ran and handled very well. Gas mileage was good at 21-25mpg, with an avg of about 23mpg. But, what was being stated in these reviews came to light. Condenser ($700), power steering lines ($200) and front end parts needed replaced. I replaced many parts under the front end and still couldn't get rid of the clunking noise. Finally, you need to remove the front fascia to replace a simple light bulb.

300M 100K , Still Going strong!!

Jesse A. Esparza, 06/16/2006
4dr Sedan

My 300 now has 100K miles on it and it still looks and drives as good as when I first drove it off the lot. I've done the regular tune-ups etc, aside from a faulty computer, replaced under the original factory warranty, the car has been trouble free. I get about 21/22 MPG in Houston, TX city traffic and an average of 29/30 Highway. In the past six years it's made the following trips form Houston TX to: Chicago, IL 5 times/ Orlando, FL 2 times/ Colorado Springs, CO 2 times/ El Paso, TX 4 times/ Mexico City, Mexico 8 times/ San Antonio,TX 20 times/ Dallas, TX 20 times. It has been a great car, I'll drive it until the wheels fall off!!

2000 Chrysler 300 M- Major Problems

harry, 09/20/2005
4dr Sedan

No problems until car was 4 years old and had 21,185 miles. Had to replace complete steering box and sway bar in July of 2004. Estimated bill from dealer was $2100 but they made goodwill adjustment and reduced it to $300. In June of this year the air conditioner started blowing warm air. Dealer checked for leaks and recharged for $246. Now in Sept it is blowing warm air again and they tell me the Evaporator needs replaced at $1050 and the car now has 28.861 miles. I has Chrylser for a adjustment and they refused. Pretty good realibility from Chrysler for a car having 28,861 mile! Had previous Chryslers and never had to replace major components like these. Won't buy another Chrysler.

12345...8