Skip to main content

Used 200 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

2 month of Ownership Review

ggunderson3, 08/10/2014
2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Gas mileage on target, 4 cyl is not overpowered but drives fine if you are not a NASCAR racer, but could use more horsepower. Smooth ride and quiet. Interior is very nice, top notch. Back seat will hold two adults, trunk is truly massive, I doubt any human can fill it up. Large screen option is fantastic, very easy to use.

Just drive it.

Middleaged Professional, 06/25/2016
updated 07/01/2022
2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

The Chrysler 200 was a step above its competition, especially at this price point. It’s smooth, stylish, elegant and well-engineered from every aspect inside and out. My impression is that it is quiet, efficient, very powerful and a genuine joy to drive. Being frugal, I drive my vehicles for a long time before replacing them and bought one immediately after a test drive. I encourage anyone considering a luxurious, fuel efficient classy sedan to simply drive one before passing judgement based on the oddly conflicting reviews (some rave about aspects that others claim to be abysmal) I’ve read or seen here and other places after buying mine. As for my perspective, I’m a 6’, 200 lb, 40 something professional and most of my family and friends are in the same socio-economic circle. Myself, family and friends all own, drive or at least ride in sedans ranging from Cadillacs, Mercedes, Buicks and Chryslers, to Fords, Chevys, Dodges, Subarus, Kias and Hondas. Some are brand loyal to a fault and I don’t begrudge them for it. This is despite the many issues they’ve all experienced privately but don’t speak of openly and certainly don’t write on-line. Things like serious suspension issues with Cadillacs to catastrophic transmission, engine and electrical failures with BMWs, Hondas, Mercedes, Subarus and Toyotas. Since buying it, I have heard or read criticisms ranging from poor quality manufacturing (panel gaps? I’ve seen far worse in Hondas) and materials, to tight, uncomfortable interior (one was a ridiculous clown like attempt to fold themselves into the same back seat I can effortlessly get into, out of and ride in comfortably (I'm 5'10", 220)), a ride so bad you couldn’t stand in it for more than 30 minutes before needing an ambulance rescue and even a claim of dangerous handling characteristics. I think if you just drive one and judge it for yourself based on the merits of your own impressions, that you’ll be pleasantly surprised and may buy one, just like I did. Regarding the ride and handling, I'm no Mario Andretti, but the chassis is Alpha Romeo derived. Italians know how to make cars handle and ride well. The car feels quite good behind the wheel to me, whether on the interstate or bombing backroads. My fuel economy averages 27.5 mpg in the mixed driving I do, but do have a fairly heavy foot which isn't the cars fault. Has everything been perfect? No, a mechanic cracked my manifold by over tightening a filter during an oil change, but that was fixed under warranty. I wasn't impressed with the OEM Bridgestone tires, so I replaced them with General Altimax which seem better in every way to me. My biggest disappointment is that this car, along with most other domestic sedans is cancelled. I felt it was too good to go and looked forward to what came next. Unfortunately, we Americans have chosen to buy just SUVs and trucks again, making anything else financially illogical to sell here so sedans are gone. I'd hoped we learned our lesson from the last gas crisis in the late 2000's, but they came back down and here we are. What a shame. It looks like I really will be keeping this one for the long run now, there's nothing on the market that I would replace it with.

1 Year Review

Ryan, 11/25/2015
updated 05/31/2016
2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I am coming up on owning this vehicle for 1 year now. I have the C level trim with AWD and it has not been disappointing. Having come from only SUV's, I was not sure how well I would like adjusting to a sedan especially in snowy and wet weather. I did my due diligence in test driving almost every car in this segment, and this one stood out more than any of them. The most appealing for myself was having AWD and the V-6 as well as a very nice interior that is comfortable to drive on long trips and my daily commute to work that is 41 miles round trip. I really appreciate the reviews I see on here that actually tried other cars for comparison and other trim models. If I only went off the base model rentals cars I have had in the past, there would be some pretty terrible reviews but unjust reviews. You really need to try the 6 cylinder versus the 4 to get your own opinion, but it has more power and boost than any v-8 I have owned in the past. Looks (Exterior & Interior): Looks I feel are like comedy...very subjective. At very first look, I loved the rear end lines and tail lights on this car. I was not as much of a fan of the front end. What I did love about the front was the LED running lights that really stand out. As far as the interior goes, I couldn't be happier. The Nappa leather with heated/cooled seats as well as the hand stitched leather steering wheel that is heated is wonderful! The remote start (which many other brands will have as well) is amazing for those hot and cold days, as your car knows what to automatically adjust to warm or cool the car. The navigation Uconnect 8.4 is very easy to use and has great traffic and weather outlooks and updates, as well as letting you know when your favorite sports team is playing and the score. The panoramic sunroof is one of my favorite options that really opens up the ride. Performance: The quickness of the v-6 has been very impressive. I have not had any issues with any weird shifts with the v-6 so I am not sure if that is more of problem with the 4 cylinder but something I would recommend driving both. I drive mostly in dead stopped traffic both ways and will end up around 23-26MPG. When I actually get to do more freeway and long trips over the mountains, I will average around 32-34 mpg. The second day of ownership I had to drive over the mountains to the central part of the state in very large snow storm. I was very nervous coming from Jeeps that have always fared me well with their 4wd and ground clearance. Again, I was very surprised! This model uses the same base AWD system that the Jeep Cherokee uses and handles great. I have had zero slipping issues and control as been spot on. I am not recommending this as an off road AWD rig, again this is just a 4-door sedan. But if you are looking for something that is extremely safe and handles snow and other bad weather well than this works great. The 9-speed that is made by ZF which also makes the same tranny's for Bentley, Rolls Royce, Maserati (sister brand) etc... I was very concerned about so many gears, but this 9-speed has been 100 times better than my previous 5-speed Mercedes transmission that was always clunking into gear especially on hills. Conclusion This 200 and a complete 180 from the previous generation and has made leaps and bounds to make it one of the tip rated in safety, and interior qualities. The combination of the Jeeps AWD system, ZF transmission, same chassy and brake calipers as the alpha Alfa romeo Giulia (check out the 2017 model), and the award winning interior made by Chrysler has been a great combination. The lane detection feature has been great, and will easily put your car back in the lane if you drift. The park sense has many levels of sensitivity and has done a great job keeping me from scraping my wheels and has stopped my car completely in a parking lot when a car was rushing behind my car backing out. The self parking either parallel, or backing in is a nice feature but not something I use too often. The automatic cruise control has been great for long trips on the freeway as it will adjust your speed according to the car in front of you and the car spacing you set it too. I have read a lot of issues with complaints on the rear head room. This is another issue I have seen on other cars and is more of an issue if you plan to haul a lot of adults. I am not a tall individual at 5'10 and have had no issues. My friends are all around 6'3 and will definitely be more cramped in the rear. Luckily we typically never ride together as we all have our own cars. For kids, I have used this numerous times to haul my niece and nephew and getting the car seat in and out was not difficult at all. At the end of the day anyone's taste as far as looks are subjective. But I would highly recommend at least trying to test drive this model, especially the C trim. MSRP was around 38K, and got it with no money down for $28,995 with every option.

4.63 out of 5 stars

200C AWD

200cawd, 12/07/2014
2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased a 200C AWD with every option available at the end of July. To date, have 7000 miles. I am very impressed with the performance, comfort, and features of this car. This one has the Pentastar V6 and has consistently returned 30+mpg overall fuel economy. I'm blown away by this combination of efficiency and V8-like power. The car accelerates very strongly. It's been in for one warranty repair to fix a locked up media player. A software update set all right again and the car has been flawlessly reliable since. A recent snowstorm gave the AWD system a good test and the car performed exceptionally well. It feels very safe. A worthy contender for a spot in anyone's driveway.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Safety, build quality, uConnect all awesome

awb3, 11/01/2014
2015 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

When I began shopping, I wasn't considering the 200. I've owned it now for 6 weeks and 1700 miles, and I couldn't be happier. I love the uConnect system. So much better than anything else I've used. The rotary shift and eParking brake are conveniently placed and add a bunch of storage under the center console. The SafetyTec package includes all sorts of tech that still amazes me. The ride is super quiet, it's obvious they thought a lot about reducing road noise. It has a high-quality feel. The wood accents are nice, but I pay more attention to how tightly everything fits together, and Chrysler did a great job with this.

12345...21