2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Volt model:

2017 volt
By Kenneth lin

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Charging is slow via the 120v plug, especially it always default to 8amp. It you drive more than 40 miles a day you should get a 240v charger.

Electrified by the Volt
By Allen

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is a great car if your looking for excellent fuel economy and good interior and exterior styling. I'm comparing this car to my 2003 G35 which I still own and is running well. We are saving quite a bit of money on fuel costs. We are on an EV electical rate and our electric bill is $50.00 less. This is not counting the $150.00 less we are paying for gasoline. GM gave some great incentives to make the purchase affordable. 0% finanincing, $1,000 rebate. We are also eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit and a $1,500 state credit.

Cutting Edge
By Stewart Shaw

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Read reviews to better understand the car and technology. The base LT model met my needs. The car is all electric with range extending gasoline generator if you need it unlike other all electric vehicles. No range anxiety. In one month I put over 1,000 miles on the car and only used 3 gallons of gasoline. It's my commuter car doing 38 miles one way. Battery is rated at 54 miles but in cooler weather it is only charging between 45 - 48 miles. I recharge at work for $1.25 for the one way trip home. Car peaked out at 250+ miles/gallon based on running all electric to and from work. Three negatives, no built-in garage door opener buttons, heating system not very robust, and rear visibility is limited, but the backup camera a real plus. I am 6'2" tall and fit comfortably in this car. I installed a 240 volt charger at home and the car recharges in 4 hours. A very quiet ride and beautiful car to drive. Never thought I would own a Chevy. Drive it and if you can afford it, you will buy one!

My money saving car
By Jerry Hilsky

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I absolutely love the car, I haven't spent a penny on the gas yet with 1000miles on the car. Charger cost me only $495 at lowes and it take little over 4 hours to fully charged the car. So far so good can't complain about anything.

This Volt Delivers
By Jorge

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Outstanding car so far. I've been getting 60 miles electric so far but great to have the gas back-up when needed (which so far is very rare but appreciated). I was somewhat hesitant at first to buy a Chevy, as I've owned Toyotas, Hondas, and VWs, but given the tax credits and incentives, and especially when combined with home solar, it's a no brainer. Fun to drive too, and I was able to gear it up with Yakima racks, a hitch (for a bike rack), without affecting my MPGe (aside from at fast speeds on the freeway).