Used 2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Old Brownie is still kicking!
By Robin

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Cargo Van Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2004 Chevy Venture since 2004. I've raised my children in it. We have a picture on our garage wall of the day we bought it. It has been my favorite vehicle ever. It has 210,000 miles on it, has gone all over the United States, and is still running like a top. The only problem is a little rust because it is not kept in the garage. It is very comfortable...would rather drive it than my husband's new Ford Expedition. It hauls furniture and people, and it's never had a major problem. I would buy another if this one ever quits...until then, I'm not getting rid of it.

Ls chevy venture
By Eric

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 2015 with 110k since then I've put 30k miles on it and it 2017. I've fixed the left wheel bearings and done oil changes and it's just been awesome to me many miles little maintenance. What more can you ask for?!?

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
By LoveMyVenture

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is FANTASTIC! Bought in '06 with 45000 miles on it. It's now 2015, and we have 152,000. She runs smooth, and cruises effortlessly. Nothing major has gone wrong with the car. Just a few sensors. The 15 inch alloy rims look great too. We easily pull 22-25 mpg. Treat her right, and you'll be rewarded.

Good "mom" car
By mrpetrankov

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Im 16 and i got my mothers 2004 venture about 5 months ago, when she had it she liked it very much. Overall its been a good car for me but it has bad car computer problems. We had to replace the whole computer system about 3 years ago. ($750) which wasnt worth it because about a year ago the gas gauge just stopped working which would be $500 to fix which is not worth it to us because we dont want the car anymore. But then again it has been a good car not including the computer problems.

Drives great, almost like a car Fairly comfortable Tons of space Seats 8 You can take out all the seats Overall good mechanics ( only problem with mechanics was the E-brake not working ) Good V-6 engine

Needs more durablility Better computer system More comfortable back seats Plastic knobs break easily

NOT IMPRESSED
By mike742

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Dodge Caravan that I drove for 4 1/2 years and loved it. I finally put it to rest with260,00 miles on it. Wish i bought another 1, but no, I bought a 2004 Chevy Venture. At first I thought it was a good purchase, but I found out I was wrong when I started having serious electrical problems, windows stopped working, abs light and engine light came on fuel guage fell to E and this annoying chime started sounding off continuously while driving, poer locks no longer work and then it left me stranded on the side of the road.All these problems are caused by a water leak somewhere and rotting all the wiring under the carpet. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. No longer a chevy fan

I have 6 kids so the 8 passenger seating is nice. But all the luxury features no longer work including the A/C.

No need to suggest it because they already stopped making this van.