Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Horrible 2009 Traverse

aburgener, 10/06/2014

We have had the Traverse for about 2 years and just on Friday I was driving down a 4 lane highway and it didn't want to shift. Barely, made it home alive and took it to the auto center. They informed me they would not work on it because it would happen again and so when I tried to move it, it would not go in reverse. We have had problems with the power steering and 3 recalls on it. Something is wrong with the 2009 version of this car. My brother had the same problem and when we were at the repair shop the owner said his sister had the same problem. We are getting another estimate because the first one said it was the transmission... if you have money for lots of repair go for it.

Steering Shaft defect

mngirl, 03/28/2013

Currently there is 51K on my Traverse. I do like it, it fits our family of five perfectly with room to spare. I didn't give the review 5 stars simply because there is always room for improvement. That said, I had a major problem with my steering column recently. While driving the vehicle, I suddenly and with no warning had no control of my tires - zero steering! When the vehicle was hauled to the shop, I was told that the steering shaft was completely dismembered and fell "out of place". Hmm....has this happened to anyone before?

Transmission Failed!

Amin Khan, 09/18/2015
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Be aware and stay away. A quick internet search will tell the whole story. My transmission is shot, broken,kaput! Constant water leaks, Squeky steering Dead battery, no explanation passenger seat belt light comes on without warning Drinks gas

many many issues

nomoregm4me3, 05/01/2014

we have own the traverse since its release. we have had timing chain issues, transmission issues, A/C issues, and power steering issues. keep an extended warranty or get ready to fork over some cash for poor design, and poor workmanship.

Ridiculous piece of trash

sherrypisces, 10/22/2014
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Traverse used last year and it was exactly what I wanted and needed for my family. Well, from the beginning I had problems with the car. I was experiencing a stalling type of drive. I would be driving along and all of a sudden the car would jerk and go extremely slow almost killing myself and my family. At times the vehicle would jerk and lose all power and shut off in the middle of the highway, street, anywhere! I have put so much money into this vehicle that I am embarrassed to say. I don't know what to do or who to contact because this is not a safe vehicle. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not purchase the 2009 Chevy Traverse EVER!

Driving Machine.

Susan Grace Rice., 01/21/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

its a great vehicle, runs very good, rides smooth, and an all around great vehicle to have. with dogs, kids and just all around family its a great car to travel and go places and it holds a good amount of people, if i had to get a new one i would get another traverse,lt1. with leather this time for inside seats, and heated ones, would like to have a navigation in it, and side view mirrors with navigation on the mirrors for helping you stay in the lanes,[non-permissible content removed] .

My New Car - Love it

Sherri , 10/21/2008

This car is quiet and fun to drive. I love the DVD system with the wireless headphones for the kids. The interior space is not much smaller than my Ford Expedition that I traded in. I actually have more cargo room while all 7 seats are up than before.

Transmission repair at 117k miles... and others!

asianteacher, 12/27/2014
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am displeased. Our Traverse has been a vehicle that we brought to the dealership most because of recalls, back jobs, and now a shot transmission at just 117k (min $1,500, max 3k+ repair cost)? Our other cars certainly did better! I usually don't complain but we are not happy. I found out that this transmission problem is a common issue, I don't understand why it isn't a recall! We bought this because Americans help Americans especially in GM's dark times. But now we realized, who's going to help us now? We don't have the budget for this now, so our Traverse is sitting in the garage. If you insist in getting this, get an extended warranty. Update: Recall for the transmission finally came. But, we have already spent and not qualified for a reimburse. Since then, we have been having problems with the electrical system. Side mirror controls would not work. The cowl cover is now loose and I do not understand why. Side windows control is not working anymore. Rear passenger speakers connection is busted. It has been like this for more than a year already and we did not have it fixed yet as we do not have the budget for it. Disappointed. The dealership called us recently offering to buy back our Traverse so we can buy a new one. My wife replied, "No Way, this car is almost like rebuilt. We are not getting a new one that needs so much rebuilding and fixing again!" My Subaru which is 5 years older, on the other hand, is in perfect condition. Not much maintenance trouble so far. The only biggest expense incurred so far was a timing belt change.

2009 Transmission Wave Spring Defect

E, 08/09/2017
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Chevy built certain 2009 Chevy Traverse SUV's with Wave Springs that breaks and destroy the transmission. They have issued an extended warranty up to 10 years or 120k miles. If you exceed the term of the warranty they will not assist you in any way. Even with a known defect Chevrolet does not stand buy its products. The mileage on the 2009 traverse is poor. I am getting 17.4 MPG. I never came close to the advertised MPG.

Traverse is junk !

Chris Robinson, 10/11/2010

For the past 6 mos, have had nothing but trouble. First the dealer said nothing was wrong. When check engine light came on, they had my car for 3 weeks straight. Then timing chain problem turned into transmission problems. Now, you cant accelerate quickly because the tires spin. So much for traction control. the dealer has replaced the software in my transmission 3-4 times now. i would NOT recommend this garbage of a vehicle to anyone. It's no wonder GM went bankrupt, because their customer service really blows. I have spoken to GM numerous times about these issues, but they don't seem to care. Looks like my GM buying days are over.

2009 chevy traverse

mimi29, 03/25/2016
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

had the car for 2 yrs at first i loved it ran great until i reached 57,000 miles and now i need a new engine. i went to chevy to have them fix it and they wouldn't because my warranty ran out 3 days before it happened. i was in the drive thru buying food and it kept smoking and wouldnt drive. i tried to break and nothing worked including steering with kids in the car its going to cost $5,000 to fix. im highly upset about this vehicle had a jeep Cherokee before this and it lasted 9 yrs never had a big problem.

2009 chevy traverse ls lemon

Ryan mcheffey, 06/11/2017
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Dont buy this car. Ive put approximately 12000 dollars into this lemon. General motors has been no help on any situation. I first purchased the car used in 2012 with 47000 miles and i have had to replace tires and brakes and suspension with in 2 weeks of purchase from mike anderson chevy of chicago. They wouldnt replace it. The vehicle was supposed to be under warranty. I then had to replace the power steering rack and the pump due to catastrophic steering failure in a snow storm. Which GM never helped with. Almost killed my son and wife. At 82000 miles i had to come out of pocket 7200 dollars for a new motor. Gm and the dealer said it had low oil which caused it to throw a rod. That was BS cause i used nothing but synthetic oil and checked it every 1000 miles because the 3.6 likes to eat oil. My headlights constantly burn out every couple of months also due to fluctuating voltages even though i have a very expensive AGM battery. The A/c system only works when it wants to because the control panel is messed up. Ive also just replaced at 101000 miles the high pressure fuel pump , fuel pressure regulator, and the fuel control module that sits exposed behind the gas tank facing the ground. That was about 2200 worth of work and parts. The last problem i have is the transmission. Its now 105239 miles and the reverse barely works and it slips in 3rd gear and 5th gear. For example the 35R waveplate. But i took it to Dralle chevy of peotone illinois and they told me i need to replace the trans for 4200. There is no way im spending that much. I am now going to try phillips chevy of bradley illinois cause they agree its the wave plate. Fyi Dont purchase this POS vehicle worst mistake of my life. Also General motors pull your head out of your ARS'ES and start taking care of the consumer and stop worrying about how much money is in your wallets cause there isnt a single dime in mine.

check engine light

john, 03/02/2016
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

purchased the 2009 traverse two weeks ago second day the check engine light came on , the code reads pt 301 #1 cylinder miss fire . so now its at the dealers and after two days they still can't find the problem, we are sick because now we have no car

STEER CLEAR OF THIS VEHICLE!

Chevy Junk!, 05/11/2016
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At first, I LOVED this car. Smooth ride, lots of room, pretty decent gas mileage. Four years later, all radio speakers, except the small one in the dash, stopped working, unless the outside temperature was at least 85 degrees. After calling Heritage Chevrolet in Chester, Va 3 times to get an appointment, I was told there was a short in the speakers. This affected the On-Star, back up alarm, and turn signal volumes. Heritage said to replace the radio, it would cost $750!!!! No radio is worth all that. Maybe when the radio catches fire, Chevy will do something about it! So I lived with no radio 9 months out of the year. Now, after the warranty expires by 8 months, but much less than 100,000 miles, a plate in the transmission breaks causing the car not to change gears. Repair costs....$4500!!!!! Again, Chevrolet will not help with the repair costs. Never again will I buy a Chevrolet product. Poorly made parts only last a few years. I have bought 2 cars from Heritage, one of which we paid cash for, but never again. They do not stand behind their product because they know it is JUNK! And adding insult to injury, my independent mechanic tells me that the power steering will need to be replaced very soon. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!!!

SO DISAPPOINTED

Denean, 09/15/2015
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Got my 2009 Chevy Traverse from Rick Hendricks in January 2015 Transmission wasn't working properly so I went to Rick Hendricks mechanic shop in Feb. They said there was nothing wrong with the transmission. Months later in May they had to fix it because the transmission went out. Now a month later the transmission is slipping again. I have powertrain warranty that will cost me $150 but I shouldn't have to pay anything.

Love/Hate relationship

mdr, 10/12/2010

Love my Traverse! Except the fact that it has been in the shop over 4 weeks this year. Timing chains(stretched) replaced twice, timing chain tensioners (weak) replaced, emission problem fixed, fuel injector fixed, shrill high pitched noise when radio/cd/dvd is on that tech can't seem to duplicate. Feel I have a lemon but really love my Traverse when it is running decently! Just do not feel I can rely on it. :~(

Pass Lock Engages

Chevy H8r, 05/29/2016
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The First time this happened My key Broke in the ignition. after a week the PassLock system engaged. I towed my car to Huntington Chevrolet because I was Only allowed 25 miles or so. They Charged me $750 to replace the Lock Cylinder and my remote start didn't work anymore. they said they didn't cover the remote start and Robert Chevrolet was responsible for that only if they put it in. in which they did. yet they still weren't responsible that Huntington was because they played with the ignition. that was last year. now my car is Locked Out and I can't start it once again. have no Idea how to start it. i'm probably going to have to tow it to a dealer so they can reset it. and figure out how to by pass the pass lock wich voids warrantee but I won't have to pay the dealer a couple hundred every year to reset the lock system. I get 14mpg. constantly carrying tools so its sluggish going up hill. electric mirrors, blue tooth and all my electronics either don't work or don't function properly all the time. and the AC only takes in outside air. so if I'm behind a school bus in the rain. and need the defroster on my car smells like diesel exhaust and I have a baby in the car and I have to go through a dirty wheel well to change the blinker from under the car. it because of this car that I HATE CHEVY.

Eats coil packs like a fatty eats donuts

Allan Elder, 10/26/2010

I loved this car initially; the best interior layout in its class bar none. Captain's chairs in the back, leather, DVD with Bose 5.1 surround. After 9000 miles we took it back to the dealer for a hesitation issue; they investigated and found nothing up. The Hesitation issue became worse and worse; on the third visit @ 18K miles they replaced the coil pack on cylinder #1. At 32K miles, they just replaced it again for the same issue.

2009 Traverse Horrible Transmission Problems

Julian, 08/09/2017
LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Do not buy this SUV or any traverse for that matter unless you want to be spending 2-3k a year on different problems that most other better quality cars have way above 150k miles. Had transmission problems at 60k and it was covered under recall by gm. Of course now at 105k miles the transition went bad again and for the local dealer just to find out what it was they charged me $750. So they called me to let me know that I need a new transmission that will cost $4900 plus tax. Horrendous quality product by gm. They have been making cars for over 100 years but still don't know how to make a transmission that lasts. No support from gm or dealership. Next car will not be an American car.

Worst car ever Don’t buy!

Emily Funk, 09/11/2018
LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a year ago, and it has had issues since we left the lot. The catalytic converters, spark plugs, O2 sensors, air conditioning, the heater, suspension. All of these things have gone wrong some more then once, and now it’s in the chevy dealers service department and can’t figure out what is wrong with it. Chevrolet should have recalled all 2009 traverses, they are lemons! Nothing but a money pit. DO NOT BUY!!!!! I will never buy another Chevy again. For the money we have put into fixing this car all the time I could be driving a luxury SUV.

total lemon

Tim, 10/23/2018
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2009 Chevy Traverse in 2012 used with 23,000 miles. It was okay for the first 2 years. Since then, the timing chain has been replaced 3 time, coils have failed, numerous emission-related problems, numerous interior electric problems, and numerous miscellaneous problems that cost us over $12,000 in 4 years. I had it appraised at CarMax last weekend for $2,000... laughable resale value. I have driven Chevys for 19 years but 2019 is the year we switch brands. This car is total junk. Chevrolet should be embarrased by the Traverse model.

Is this really a Chevy?

chevy guy, 12/15/2008

If you took the bowties off this SUV you would not believe it is a Chevy. My wife and I are very impressed. It was a leap of faith to order one without actually seeing one like it and driving it. We are not disappointed. Maybe I am too much of a Chevy man with some bias, but this is one great vehicle to drive and ride in with excellent build quality. We got the LTZ in Black Raven (I think that is what it's called) and it has some metallic it in. Beautiful especially in the sun.

Great SUV

Javier, 03/14/2009

I just purchased the traverse very happy with it.. After looking at Chevy Tahoe then looking at the traverse their was no comparing.. Traverse is very roomy it has a lot more space then the Tahoe especially it the third row... The only negative is probably I thought it was just a little to pricey.

First Impressions

UpstateNY, 06/12/2009

The Traverse is actually better than I expected. Quiet on the road and you can't tell that the engine is running sometimes unless you check the tach. Wife tried to start it several times while it was running...no problem it locks out the starter. Very good power although apparently the transmission has been optimized for mileage (at 60 mph it's running at only 1600 RPM) so it's slightly sluggish until it downshifts out of 6th gear. The mileage is MUCH better than I expected getting 21-22 mpg in suburban driving and the advertised 24 mpg on the highway. That seems remarkable for such a big car. Overall it's at least the equal of it's competitors such as the Highlander or Pilot.

Family Mover

LasVegasChevyGirl, 07/12/2009

I love to drive this, the backup camera is a great help. I like everything about the inside. We were looking at the Venza and bought this one because it is styled better, has a 3rd row and American built.

Warning: Airbag Sensor Problems!

PAW483, 08/07/2009

We bought our Chevy Traverse LTZ on January 2, 2009. We bought this because it was very similar to our Cadillac SRX which was also fully loaded (and it actually has a real 3rd row!). We did some research and found that the safety rating was perfect and the airbag system was top of the line. We wanted this to be our family vehicle. However, within two weeks of our purchase we made a cross country trip to Chicago for a family members funeral (I don't fly and always drive.) That's when I first notice our "CHECK AIRBAG SYSTEM" warning light came on. Well, to make a long story short. This problem has happened 5 times and they have made repair attempts and the problem still occurs. (See Below).

Back pain from seats

Frank , 06/05/2010

I drove this traverse for the first time from NY. To Florida taking the family to Disney and was very uncomfortable because the head rest is bent forward and the only way to get the head rest to align at proper angle is by reclining the back of the seat to an over relaxed recline. Anyway the day after arriving my back went out and I couldn't even stand up. Vac ruined. Just drove the car yesterday for 20 minutes and my back hurts today as I write. Also dealer sticker says 17 -24 mpg we avg 12.5 mpg city- on Disney trip 2400 miles round trip we avg 16.7 all highway. GM is deceitful, buy Ford.

Timing Chain

Timing Chain, 08/25/2010

I fell in love with this vehicle from the first time I seen it. We didn't even test drive it because it was in the show room and bought it off the show room floor. The vehicle has less then 30,000 miles and I knew something was wrong with it. I've had it to the service department 4 times since the end of June and finally they told me it was the timing chain. After 8 days at the service department they called me today and told me the timing chain was on back-order and it could be up to 6 months before they could get one in. They told me that GM said I could drive it and if the engine blows up they will just replace the engine. How's that for customer service?? Very disappointed with GM!

Reliable. Period

loveblues234, 09/08/2014

I bought this car in 2011 as a 2009 model. Had higher miles in it for the year but that seldomly bothers me considering my driving needs. Terrific car! Have had to fix one thing since 2011 and that was a minor repair. (Actuator ... Controls hot and cold air) Haven't had to jump it, tow it, fix it, absolutely nothing! No joke either! Ridiculously happy with this car! When I need my next, I'll buy another one, wouldn't think twice about it.

POS

Ruby Break, 03/08/2016
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Absolute worst car ever. Ever. Replaced transmission at 90,000 miles. Now at 110,000 it needs new belts for $2500. They need to take the engine out. Valves shot. GM should never be allowed to sell another vehicle again. DO NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER GM UNTIL THEY FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A CAR. Worst value ever. Horrible company; horrible car.

Wish I would have waited for reviews

teyjay, 09/29/2012

I bought my car new off the lot in 2009. I have had numerous problems with this car since i bought it. Starting with the air conditioning knob which until this day has not been fixed because they can not duplicate the problem. The next would be the trip i took right after we got the car and the water pump blew which left my family of six sitting in the middle of no where with no cell phone access in 90+ degree weather. The car can not stop on a small hill without rolling back. But the one that i am dealing with now is the transmission. The car will not shift into gear, it shuts down on the freeway. It's going back in the shop yet again. Do not waste your hard earned money on this car!

Better than Highlander or Pilot

car01, 01/24/2009

Looked at Highlander and Pilot and the Traverse beats both hands down. Has a very quiet and smooth ride. Exterior styling is superb. Overall build quality is very impressive. Don't assume Japanese competitors in the large midsize SUV segment are better, there not. The vehicle shows that GM can produce a world class vehicle for a reasonable cost.

A Real Test Drive.....

lk, 02/26/2009

Lets talk Turkey. I love this car. I had researched it and looked at it and when my 1998 145,000ml Chevy Blazer finally gave out this was the car I headed to. 2 days ago I was driving the middle lane when a car pulled out from my right to cross over 3 lanes in front of me. I laid on my horn and steered left as the car that pulled out still was crossing left with no signal. I slammed on my breaks thinking that I should have gotten gap protection when the entire car locked up and stopped me from smashing into this guys rear end. I have never been that close to an accident and that second I thanked god I was in this car. I know that sounds dramatic, but what if my kids were with me? good car.

No Spare Tire or Donut .. Really!

disappointed MOM, 07/08/2009

Lots of good features, but safety and reliability are my main concern, so when I discovered that my brand new traverse, not an inexpensive vehicle, does not include a spare tire, a donut or even a place to attach one, I was shocked. It doesn't really matter that onstar can send help if you have a flat.. If you have no tire, and have to towed, what are the occupants of this 7 passenger vehicle to do? wait by the side of the road? taxi's are often not available in rural areas. For this kind of money, I am just appalled that gm would even produce a vehicle without BASIC family saftey items such as a spare tire. Moms, families, beware of the danger of being stranded at all times.

Good News - Bad News

Richard, 09/01/2009

I have owned my 2009 Traverse LTZ since Feb. 2009. I love everything about it, except one thing. The bad news is that one thing was the primary reason I bought the vehicle. The Traverse is advertised as getting 18mpg in the city and 24mpg on the highway. I am getting nowhere near that. My combined mpg has been 17.4mpg with roughly 50-50 city/highway mix. This is AFTER driving like I am 80 years old. I have never owned a vehicle so far below EPA mileage estimates. This is ridiculous. Otherwise, an outstanding vehicle. I am getting 19to20 mpg on the highway and 15to16 mpg in the city.

Very Happy With Our Purchase

stephen zeinner, 09/05/2009

Since I have purchased foreign made cars over the past few years I was hesitant of getting back into the market for a domestic made automobile. We have been very happy with this vehicle. Gas mileage was a little disappointing at first but with mileage on car the mpg has improved to at least what the advertisement claims and at times a little better. I will gladly take a bit of inconvenience with the transmission shifting or not shifting especially for the mpg's.

LOVE MY TRAVERSE

christine, 10/31/2009

We bought our LT1 Traverse in June and we love it !! I like the way it handles and it looks great.We have a sun and moon roof I have never had one before and I am enjoying them (so are my teenaged boys )I agree with one of the other reviews about when turning right it is very hard to see if anything is coming ,and the head rests are awkward .I am hoping it handles good in the snow as we get alot of it .There is so much room in them ,we packed all my son's stuff for college in it with putting down one of the 2nd row seats.There is enough room for my 5'10 and 6'1 tall boys in the back seat.I would recommend this car . I think next time we would like to upgrade to the LTZ with more features

A great comeback.....

Chevy Lover, 01/30/2010

Well I was raised on Chevy's and for many reasons, fell away from them in the late Seventies. GM finally saw the light and has produced some fine vehicles that compare and surpass in ways the Japanese vehicles. The Traverse is one such vehicle. The smooth quiet ride, the agile handling, the options to please. It may not have an over 30 mpg, but it's a welcome gift for large guys like Myself. It surpasses the Honda Pilot and anyone looking for a roomy SUV/CUV should definitely test drive this vehicle! It also heralds some great safety ratings as well...and the AWD is great in winter conditions. Try it you'll love it!

Wish I hit reverse before buying Traverse

mom2x2, 11/29/2011

I have been into the dealership 13 times in the past 2 months...nothing but issues with engine and powersteering. Was happy with car but this has thrown me over the edge. Do not feel comfortable driving my family of six in this vehicle. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. BEWARE

Traverse, sorry we bought it

Linda Silvey, 09/13/2009

We bought our traverse in June2009. The headrests are very uncomfortable and force a short person to keep their head bowed if they don't put a pillow behind their back. My husband has nearly wrecked it three times when trying to make a left hand turn due to the poor visibility when looking to the right to see if another vehicle is coming. It is hard to park because you cannot see the front end and it's very hard to back up due to the small window and the many blind spots along the sides (we have the economy model). The gas mileage is awful. We took a long trip and the highway mpg never got above 18 mpg. My biggest concern is safety. It is an accident waiting to happen.

What about deep snow?

Rondog, 12/10/2009

I bought a 2009 Traverse AWD LTZ in July. I have been loving this new vehicle until yesterday. We had 14" of snow fall overnight. I cleared my driveway and backed into the street. A couple of 4 wheel drive vehicles had gone through but the plows had not. I was stuck immediately. I turned off the traction control and could not move the vehicle. My neighbors had to push me back into my driveway. I had a 4WD S-10 Blazer and was never stuck once in 10 years! I am so frustrated with this vehicle. I live in WI and we have some winters with numerous heavy snow falls. I think it is ground clearance and tire design. My other vehicles were dedicated 4WD and not AWD.

Great!

dexterm, 12/07/2009

We purchased this SUV about 2 months ago and love it so far. We have been on a couple of road trips and it fits our family of 4 perfectly. It is roomy, drives nicely and the kids love the DVD player.

Great Car!

DOzmore, 01/06/2010

I love my Traverse. The 7 seats are so versatile and I use them all. The leather interior is easy to clean and keep clean. I really love to drive it, very comfortable - especially on road trips. There's so much room in the back! I really love this car.

Love this SUV!

Jen, 01/19/2010

I have enjoyed this care VERY much! It drives like a dream and is cozy and quiet inside and out. It is wonderful in the snow too, though I haven't driven it in VERY deep snow yet. It sticks to the road and I have yet to slide in bad weather. I feel very safe driving it. My kids love the DVD and XM radio. Gas mileage blows. I think GM needs to be honest in that department. I've had this car for a month now and I can't seem to break 16 mpg no matter what I do. Good thing the car is WONDERFUL in many other aspects...I can overlook the mpg, I guess.

I Love My Car

Farm Girl, 02/16/2010

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

satisfied

larry, 12/02/2010

I have owned this car for 1 year. No problems except standard maintenance.

the car that makes me nuts

zectbu1, 11/25/2010

Okay, lets see where to start. I thought this car was going to be amazing and fun to have. Well it turns out it is the complete opposite. I have been to the dealership 6 times! And now let's talk about the customer service, it is unprofessional and rude. I have had so many problems with this car it is incredible. It even has warranty so it shouldn't be a problem but no, they don't want to change my tires they didn't even want to give me a rental car. I have a weird rattling noise coming from them and they won't change them. I am incredibly disappointed with this car and I do not advice this car to anyone on this planet. Here is a list of all the things I have done to this car, steering etc.

Fabulous Crossover

tunxton, 11/23/2008

I downsized from my Tahoe. I can confidently say this vehicle is the best I have ever owned. I do a lot of traveling for my company and the room in this vehicle accomodates for my stuff very easily. It is also extremely comfortable on those long road trips. I would definently reccomend this to anyone in the crossover market.

Amazing SUV!

Narg, 11/24/2008

This SUV is an eye opener for what it delivers to it's driver. I've purchased driven a number of GM products over the past 18 years, and love how the quality and features that GM provides has grown continueally during that time. Yes, they used to be bad 20 years ago. But today, wow! Do not miss out on trying a Traverse before you buy anything. Even the dealership experience was the best I've ever had too. I'm moving from a full size pickup to this mid-sized SUV. Originally planned to buy a Tahoe, but the economy has downsized my buying ability slightly. Thank goodness GM made this SUV, it fits perfectly!

New Owner

Steve, 12/03/2008

We just purchased our Traverse last month. I drove it over 800 miles during the Thanksgiving weekend. So far, we love it! Smooth, quiet, roomy, and with the leather and LT2 package, luxurious. Kids are comfortable in all seats (16 year old son is almost 6 foot). Ride quality is tight and free of any shakes or rattles. Great time to buy with GM adding bonus money I would definitely recommend one to family or friends.

51050