Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Treated like Trump
By John

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer in 2006, a year old from Hertz. It was a rental. The reviews were terrible. I checked it out and thought is was pretty good. I bought it. Twelve years later and over 122,000 miles it is still great. On line people still bash the Trailblazer, but with routine maintenance and what I consider normal repairs for any vehicle as it ages, the Trailblazer is still great. At one time I thought my transmission was going bad, but I did my research and come to find out it was only the throttle body. Replacing the throttle body is easy and cheap. Can be done for less than 200 dollars and about 20 minutes. I watched a you tube video and did it myself. I'm not a mechanic. After reading all the horror stories of people buying new transmissions and still having troubles, I think they got taken advantage of by their mechanics. These people then go online and blame the Trailblazer. This is not the fault of the Trailblazer. Also, my Trailblazer survived three teenage sons learning to drive and then abusing the heck out of it when they went solo. I have nothing but admiration for my Trailblazer.

gas and money hog. no resale value.
By rachel

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have owned for 3 years bought with 60k miles replaced almost all of the front suspension, pads and rotors twice. major electrical problems fuses keep blowing for no reason along with the wiring for the heater panel. would not recommend.

Working with the tried and true
By Chuck

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this '05 Trailblazer as a replacement vehicle. Found it online at an area Chevrolet dealership. This particular truck has aged well, only 92K miles on the odometer, not a scratch and was taken care of by the previous owner. An LS model, with the Bose stereo, 6-disc CD changer, sliding sunroof, so there's a nice couple of options on it. I used to own an '07 Trailblazer and had a very good experience with it. The 4.2L Vortec -6 is plenty strong enough to suit my purposes, albeit it can seem a bit thirsty if you're not careful and a little heavy on the throttle. All-in-all, a good value with some good features for it's time. Hope to get similar results from this one like the old one.

I love, love this vehicle!
By Edie Churich

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A great vehicle, I would buy another just like it!

Great Grip, Gumption & Go
By Eden Valley Guest Ranch

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a basic vehicle allowing a business or personal practical purpose: economical, comfortable and no frills, which we do not want nor need. Going on a supply run with many ice chests for our catering business is so much easier with this Trailblazer. A full 48" width allows better loading and hauling. We do not have to bend over to load or unload, so easier on us. It is on a 1/4 ton pickup frame and is tough, handles bad roads easily, 18" snow drifts and more. Has clearance and good lighting for driving rural. You will feel the road only a bit more than a car. Quiet inside. Windows and doors fit tight. We have top of the line winter tires (they were expensive). In summer we switch to a basic summer radials. Two full sets of rims to make it fast and easy. Dash is basic and I like it that way. Easy to clean. My trips to Costco in bad weather are no problem. The back seats fold down and I have hauled pole saws, skis, and more. We travel up a curvy steep grade and in ten miles go from 911 feet elv to 3300 for a grocery run. I buy premium no ethanol gas and get about 20 MPG loaded, 60 MPH, and heater or air, with power to spare. Deer here require fast stopping sometimes and this rig responds. I hope we see more vehicles like the Trailblazer in the future. That is economical, basic, hauling capacity and runs good. This is a very functional ride and takes four persons comfortably with room in the back area for luggage. What was wrong with America to be so out of touch with so many rural people to discontinue the Trailblazer? Still going strong!