Used 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...61

Pros
Cons

My 04 Chevy Trailblazer so far so good!

Carla, 06/04/2018
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Chevy Trailblazer off a local car lot almost 2 years ago for $3500 and it’s been a good overall vehicle so far. Yes it is an older vehicle,I bought it with around 150,000 miles on it. I knew that I was probably going to have to do some repairs on it, which didn’t bother me. The former owner towed with the vehicle and put extra wear and tear on the tranny, so I had it replaced early on for $2200, which put me in it for bout $5700, which was no problem, BC these engines usually go 300,000 + miles. I also had my hubby put in a guages repair kit for $18 since he guages wets going nuts,(this is a common problem with Chevy Suv’s And trucks, and there is a website where you can take the dash’s out and send them off to have them fixed at no cost to you.). Also had to replace a headlight relay, other general maintenance, etc. I’m sure sometime soon it will need from bearings and bushings from me driving it on bumpy gravel ropads, but other than that,.she runs like a champ!

Piece of Crap

jnnfr39, 09/01/2012
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2004 trailblazer with 40,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Looked fine inside and out. Have had nothing but problems since I drove it off the lot. From power window motor burning out ( $175 to replace just the motor) to main electronic control panel melting down under the passenger seat directly under my childs car seat,to serious motor problems and all this before I even have 100,000 miles on it. All in all its in the shop more often than not and I usually walk out with a $300 to $500 repair bill. No my mechanic is not a thief. The latest repair is going to be well over $1000. THe check engine light is on all the time and I am absolutely sick of this vechicle. What a dissapointment.

I'm just paying off mine and repairs have cost mo!

Mel, 09/25/2015
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The trailblazers are to big for the frame they are on. With that being said they usually have a ton of front end problems. II have spent hundreds on repeat repairs on my trailblazer. I got it from a dealership with 64,000 miles on it and now 3 years later I have 212,100 miles on it and I swear I hate it breaking all the time. Mine is the luxury with heated leather seats 3rd row seating running boards sun roof etc. Well I don't drive it rough and I stay with the upkeep on it (frequent oil changes). I have replaced the whole front end. Bearings, struts, shocksshocks,joints, brakes, ball joints, catalac converter, windshield, rear defrost, rear lights, speakers just working when they want (go in and out constantly). The rear wiper doesn't work. Alignments been done and won't stay aligned. Middle row middle seat belt locked and won't go up or down. Window in the rear won't open jammed shut. I will never buy another one of these. I needed a vehicle and I traded in my Saturn Vue for this and I wish I didn't but my family grew so I really had to unfortunately.

Chevy Trailblazer

tbsport00, 01/31/2005
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At 6'7" tall, vehicles with sufficient legroom are impossible to find. Thanks to Edmunds spec. page I was able to compare before heading out to dealerships. Trailblazer has more front seat legroom than my wife's Tahoe. Reliabilty I've experienced with my late model Chevy's is on a par with previously owned Toyotas and Mazdas.

A lot of car for the money

mike, 12/27/2006
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Well equipped for a base model. A good value if you are going to keep it for 5 years plus. Lots of room. Lots of power. Very reliable

12345...61