Used 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews

$6,000

Used Tahoe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

BEST I'VE EVER OWNED

Doris Patterson, 05/01/2015
LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a Chevrolet Caprice Classic; a Pontiac LeMans Sports Coupe; a Pontiac Bonneville; and a Mazda 626 and a 2009 Blazer. Knew for a long time what I wanted, but settled for a Blazer. 4x4. It was ok, but not what I had been wanting. Decided they weren't getting any cheaper;finally locate the Tahoe. It was in another state; Bose speakers; burgundy; 3 row seats. Bought it in January 2006. Drove 300 miles to get it. Never looked back. The mileage is 17.7. And I guess that's ok for as large a vehicle it is. I travel in my job every 3-4 months and I'm never tired when I arrive. The Tahoe is everything I ever wanted. It looks like new. I've had several people wanting to buy it. __________________ Still best automobile I've ever owned. It is now over 10 years old and people still stop me wanting to buy it. I've kept it as clean as possible, inside and out. Of course keeping it garaged helps. Looking around, but cannot seem to let it go. We have bonded!

Performance of 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe

KEVIN KILCOYNE, 07/29/2006

Very reliable, comfortable ride for an SUV. Smooth operation, very good transmission. Very good overall performance, satisfied owner.

I really like mine

Sheri, 01/15/2006

I have the LT model and I love it. It handles really well. Turning radius and parking are not a problem. After reading the comments on sore bottoms, I feel like the seats could be more comfy, but I'm not certain if I'm noticing something I otherwise wouldn't have. I have to say, that the seats are much more comfortable than the ones in the Toyota Sequoia. Maintaining the legroom, it would have been nice if there was more cargo space w/out having to fold down the rear row of seats -- I didn't want a full lenghth Suburban. The styling is elegant, if not trendy. And speaking of legroom, the driver's seat has plenty of legroom, this is important if you are tall like me.

Purchased new in 2006 now 12 years old

Frank Galka, 08/17/2016
LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Still performs like new.Get 16.5 MPG on trips 13.0MPG local.Comfortable to drive,feeling is safe & secure.Smooth riding even @ 75-80MPH 97000 Miles on it in 10 years.Serviced regularly.No Major Problems or setbacks.Will purchase new again. Just passed 104000 miles,still running good since I purchased it in 2006.Still have it serviced regularly by the dealer I purchased it from.Minor repairs.Had to replace heater fan & leaking seals on differential.$750 for repairs,mostly labor cost. Just passed 109000 miles,still running good since I purchased it in 2006.Still have it serviced regularly by the dealer i purchased it from.Just replaced all 4 wheel brake pads & rotors. A little rust on rear bumper right corner otherwise paint job is still like new. Just passed 116000 miles still running good since I purchased it new in 2006.Still have it serviced regularly by the dealer I purchased it from.Minor repairs.replaced battery got 10 years out of old battery.New tires @ 115000 miles.Gas mileage going down to 11.0 in the city 15.0 on highway

Great alternative to the mini-van

KAD, 04/03/2006

We bought the Tahoe to replace the mini- van that finally broke beyond repair. We are a family of 7 and everyone loves the room, ride, and comfort of the Tahoe. I'm getting better gas mileage than anybody I talk to with an equivalent type vehicle.