Used 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Love it

Taylor, 04/23/2009

I bought the truck in 2000 with 78000. This Tahoe is a rare one with the 6.5L diesel. Fuel mileage is great for this size truck (17 city, 20 Hwy), with a 3:43 rear, compared to a 1996 gas Tahoe I owned. The looks are great, and I still love this truck. I had a fuel injector replaced under warranty at 98,000, and other at 199,750. I now have 200,250 miles on the truck. besides general maintenance, I have had the alternator rebuilt, and replaced the window wiper motor. This truck has been so much fun at towing, and off road. I hope this truck last another 10 years.

One owner Tahoe served us well!

supreme, 06/02/2010

I bought this truck new back in '98 and so far I've put almost 200,000 miles on it. I love it! I've owned many cars in my life and I haven't owned any of them for as long as my Tahoe has lasted (Ford, Pontiac, other Chevys, Dodge, and Buicks). The 350 V8 is bulletproof; the only problems have been with accessories (brakes, steering, electrical). It is horrible on gas but what do you expect for such a large vehicle? It's taken my family on many cross-country trips and performs without skipping a beat in the snow. My kids are all grown and moved out and I still can't let it go! I plan on driving this truck until it dies in my driveway. Buy one and you can count on many enjoyable miles!

Surprise Surprise!

MarJan42, 05/02/2005

After towing a trailer of furniture from VA to NJ the transmission is shot! 2nd time towing a trailer and is very disappointed that it broke down without any indications in MD. Now I have to put out big bucks to have it replaced before I get it home to VA. This SUV has less than 82,000 miles on it and I have owned it for less than 3 months. Purchased it because it was suppose to be able to handle towing.

quality machine

j.anderson, 08/04/2004

A very functional SUV. Never had any serious problems over 6 years. Very roomy interior and great interstate vehichle.

Great Vehicle

pirate90, 09/12/2004

Excellent overall vehicle for family trips and outdoor events - Roomy, Powerfull and good fuel economy given its size. I have put 100k miles on it since purchase and just now starting to need some repoairs at 142K!

12345...8