Used 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
Select your model:

2016 LTZ used in limo biz has serious problems

Bryan, 08/02/2016
LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned numerous GM vehicles both for personal and business use and this is the first time I've been disappointed and regretted my purchase. Here are the major problems I have: 1) The audio for navigation instructions randomly turns on although I have the settings (2 of them) for audio instructions is turned off. Once the audio comes on, only way to get it off, is to shut off engine and open car door to reset system. Sometimes this won't work the first time. 2) The A/C compressor frequently makes a loud rattling noise. 3) The transmission occasionally slips from 2nd to 3rd gear. Less serious problems: 1) HUD for navigation system doesn't efficiently display info compared to other HUD I've used. 2) Seat vibration for "close impact" is poorly designed compared to other I've used - the whole passenger compartment can hear when the seat is vibrating it is so loud - other option for "close impact" is an audio alarm, but even at lowest audio setting, it is annoyingly loud. 3) The cabin heat/cooling system often functions weirdly. Often air temperature gets warmer even though temperature controls have not changed. I've never owned a vehicle where I've had to regularly adjust the temperature. Positives: It rides nice, and is comfortable to drive and although acceleration is underwhelming, I do like the mpg the vehicle gets. Lastly, this suburban I own doesn't seem like an anomaly - I've talked to other limo companies with 2015 & 2016 Suburbans or Escalades, and they all have had similar problems. Thus far, I've had vehicle into dealer 3 times, and none of the problems have been fixed since they could not "replicate" the problem. I've now made a video recording of navigation problem, and the A/C is almost always making noise now, so am hopefully the 4th time to dealer will work.

2016 LTZ Suburban 4x4

Family SUV, 01/23/2019
LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned this car over 2 years now and we really love this car/truck! It has about 36000 miles and zero problems. In 40 years of driving this is the best road trip vehicle I have ever driven! Very comfortable, great road view, lots of seating and luggage room. Great sound system. Lots of nice electronic gadgets. Heads up display, lane keep assist, all system info in DIC, heated/cooled seats, heated wheel, auto wipers, auto high beams, magnetic syspension, etc.. Drives smooth and holds the road great. Requires very little driver input. Can't say enough good about this Suburban. 15.5 avg mpg, mostly city. 21 mpg hwy. Not bad for a full size 4x4 and we drive fairly fast. Update: We are now at 54000 miles. Still awesome/great full size SUV. No complaints. Great on long trips and amazing in the snow! I added a level lift to the front and slightly larger tires which caused mpg to drop about 1.5 mpg but we expected that. It looks better and its nice that our 4x4 SUV no longer scrapes parking lot cement stops or steep driveways. This vehicle has taken years of family use/abuse and still looks like new. All the leather is still in great condition after everything works as when new. Only oil and tires have needed maintenance so far. Under warranty we told dealer the engine makes a slight clicking noise so the they replaced all lifters. Also our insurance replace windshield to to chip due to a rock from passing truck. They used new GM (HUD) glass. This SUV still rides so nice and smooth. We love road trips in our Suburban! I keep vehicles forever and will update in a year or two.