Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Suburban for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2011 Suburban, so we've included reviews for other years of the Suburban since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best family vehicle

surewood4u, 06/04/2015
updated 06/08/2017
2011 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought it used in may 2012 with 30,000 miles for $34,000 otd. Now has 98,000 from tons of road trips, running around town and heavy [8000#] towing. All that is needed is basic maintenance to make it last, which i do all myself with walmart brand synthetics. I did add a 30k transmission cooler and a engine oil cooler to help with the towing loads right after purchasing. Parts replaced: ac blower motor @95k rotor & pads @90k, they had tons of pad remaining but pulsation was bad... battery @60k I plan on keeping this suburban for a very long time. Update Dec, 2016: 126,000 miles Now towing 9000# often since adding some dirt bikes to the trailer. Replaced Motor mounts @100k New battery and Front Axle seal@115k Dash is cracking update: June, 2017 136,000 miles Transmission rubber line split, toasted it ....expensive early rebuild that could have been avoided! Installed a 40k trucool cooler afterwards.

Also Consider
8 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Tahoe
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Shuddering Suburban

David DNO, 09/08/2009
2009 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 2009 Suburban is spacious, elegant and well built. The cabin is very quiet at any speed, and the handling for such a large vehicle is impressive. I have a large family and the Suburban is the only "Car" that suits my needs. The Suburban has the ability to cut down to 4 cylinders on flat or down hill surfaces to improve fuel economy. The down side to this feature, which is standard on ALL models, is the unfortunate tendency to "shudder". The truck will "buck" during a coast. Sometimes accompanied by a distinct clattering from the engine compartment. Additionally, when accelerating up hill, the truck will lumber, failing to accelerate, as the engine screams to answer the command.

My first Chevrolet Suburban LT

Phil, 10/14/2010
2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great on long distance traveling. During summer we drove about 600 miles comfortably over Donner Pass and the Grapevine (both ways)without stopping for gasoline or needing a break. Outside temperature ranged from 80 (Reno) to 113 degrees (Bakersfield), but inside it was about 72. Still showing 19.2 mpg with mix of city/rural driving, but I am usually light on the gas pedal except when climbing hills. Up to now I am very happy with purchase and ability to fit in lots of people and infant seats. Easy access to the 3rd row and the large cargo area for carrying weekly groceries or bulky items. I think a full sized mattress would fit with rear seat removed and 2nd row folded. XM radio

Very reliable

Dennis Chilton , 03/06/2020
2011 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle brand new in 2011... It is now March 2020... Vehicle currently has just over 235000 miles on it.. This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.. Very few issues to report.. The driver side power mirror needed Replacing in 2018.. Front right caliber was replaced in 2017 due to a very minor fluid leak. At the moment the vehicle runs a bit rough while in idle... Check engine light is on. Will update with information as to cause of the problem after it's fixed.. Over all I am Very happy with this vehicle..

2.63 out of 5 stars

Avoid Suburbans with 5.3 engine

boomer1971, 08/18/2013
2009 Chevrolet Suburban LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Hey everyone have had on going issues with my truck and wanted to share my experience . I have a 2009 Suburban with the 5.3 liter engine. I have been to the dealer 4 times with engine related issues. Me and my family have been left at the roadside by this truck. The truck has had the engine rebuilt at 38000 miles by the dealership and continues to consume oil at 41000 miles. I have no confidence in this truck any longer. I've requested a new engine or buyback. Best GM has to offer is $2000 certificate towards purchase of another GM product. Avoid the 5.3 liter versions of the Suburban/ Tahoe/ Yukon as many have had engine problems.

12345...7