Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 3500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Sad to part with old friend

rick194, 02/06/2011
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is now time to trade in the Duramax/Chevy. I have not pulled a trailor in the last 18 months so I am getting something smaller (Suburban). I have over 230,000 miles on it, averaged 17 mpg, pulled trailers from TX to 36 states. It brokedown twice. The alternator went out at 200K+ and a wire rubbed in two shorting out the electrical system at 180k+. The injectors were replaced under warranty and that was it, other than routine wear items, brakes, belts, hoses, ball joints. Do not need a truck like this any more but have kept it for 18 months because it is such a good one.

DuraMax

Ray Gaskill, 02/07/2003
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I tow a 18,000 lb trailer to all the Nascar events and love this truck. I originally drove Fords, but after looking at the numbers and talking to another DuraMax owner (who also had a Powerstroke and swithed to Chevy), I order the DuraMax and leave Fords and Dodge in the dust!

Big power

Kurt J., 10/26/2004
4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an allaround great truck. I use it for roadside service along with my firefighting duties and let me tell you i run this truck hard. Weather its passing a hemi (LOL) with the 8.1l engine or towing cars and boats with the Allison 5spd, it just dosent get any better. Add a few lil performance mods to the engine and holdon for ride (seems odd to others that i have a dually racing by them) i can tow anything ive been told to with no lag on this truck it always give the same great ride.

Good truck

doug, 07/20/2007
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had all three brands of trucks. This one hauls and rides the best. As far as reliability, I have been more than pleased. GM hit the right cue when putting this truck together. Duramax/Allison, best combination. I tow a 44 ft trailer @ 26000lbs and get 10-11.5 mpg. I will be hard pressed to go back to a different brand. Great work GM!

3500 DURAMAX DIESEL dually 4x4

Nemecek, 03/09/2002
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

after having Dodge diesel for couple years, this new Chevy truck has huge power when used to tow boat or move building materials, but is very friendly inside with a lot of every day features to make anybody happy.