Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great for every day use
By Steve

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great everyday truck. MPG average 15-17 hilly /mountain driving. Hard to tow heavy loaded trailer 7000lb up hills. 67000+ no major repairs required. Love this truck.

287000 miles Minimal Issues
By KB

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this used in 09 with 100k miles and it has been very reliable. The motor does not drink oil like the old 350 motor and the oil color has always been a bright yellow. The transmission was still smooth at 287k mi, a/c still worked fine. the following parts needed to be replaced:Fuel pump, brakes and rotors, spark plugs.

No planned obsolescence here!
By CheapDeep

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It seems like we live in an age where everything is designed to wear out and be replaced. This truck is the only thing I can think of that is made to last. It has 200k and everything works perfectly. It also drives like it just left the showroom. The few rare times something does break, the part is usually cheap and easy to repair. I bought this as a work truck but I drive it more than my luxury car. The design is very simple. No fancy computers or dials that take three steps to change the radio or AC. Form definitely follows function which just doesn't happen anymore. I have to tip my hat to Chevy for designing something that will outlast everything else I own.

Almost the perfect truck
By mobey

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck with 6 miles on the odometer in March 2004. It was recalled for the instrument panel. Very good experience there.
While it was under warrenty, I had it in for new Cats and O2 sensors, three times, but never again since. The last warrenty items I had replaced were the comfort control switches.
I now have 190,000 miles on the truck and, get this....I'm replacing the brake pads for the first time, and the rotors have very little wear.
This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Brakes

Fix the exhaust, so the cats don't continually burn out.

Dependable
By dependable

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used. This truck has gone through hell and back. I have never had any major problems with it. Great truck for the northeast and the snow. For a truck it is not bad on gas. I get 16 in the city and up to 23 on the highway.

four wheel drive ac the 5.3 just a nice engine.

brakes are made too small