Used 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...456789

Pros
Cons

This Ain't Like The Old S-10's

MGDguy, 04/28/2003

I've have owned a '89 S-10 Reg Cab 4cyl/5spd, a '91 S-10 Reg Cab 4cyl/5spd, and now a '99 S-10 Ext Cab 6cyl/5spd, and by far I liked the two older ones the best. The '99 I've owned for only 9 months and I already want to get rid of it. Sqeaks and rattles while driving down the street, not to mention the automatic headlights, the radio that stays on after the ignition is turned off, and the interior light that comes on after removing the ignition key are too much. Plus the fact that the newer S-10 are cheaply built. This is by far the worst S-10 I've owned. Do yourself a favorite if you want a S-10 buy one that's pre-94.

This Ain't Like The Old S-10's

boogerathome, 04/28/2003

Will Never Get Another Chevy

Michael, 12/13/2009

My favorite thing about this truck was selling it! It was a "nice" looking truck, but every time I took it in for a relatively simple thing, several other problems would always emerge. Truck was always well taken care of. At 80000, I had to replace the starter. The seat lever handles had broken off (common), and the center console was smashed in. At about 90,000 miles, I had to take it in to get the transmission rebuilt. At 100,000 miles, it needed new a new idler arm on the drivers side and a set of new shocks. At 110,000, had to replace rear shocks again, replace cross link, and valve cover. The truck got poor mileage and was totally GUTLESS! Low horsepower. Happy to sell is last week!!

S 10 are too avg.

Saint79, 03/12/2004

The truck is extremely boring! The engine lacked power, the stereo lacked umph, and I just don't like the way the look.

good little truck

g.may, 03/31/2003

I HAVE DROVE FORD RANGERS OVER THE PAST 15 YEARS AND THIS TRUCK IS BY FAR THE FASTEST AND BEST RIDING TRUCK I HAVE OWNED.THE 4WD IS GREAT FOR SNOW AND GOOD IN THE MUD.THE STORAGE BEHIND THE SEAT IS GOOD FOR TOOLS AND SMALL ITEMS(NOT FOR ADULTS).GETS AROUND 20MPG AROUND TOWN.

1...456789