Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Love My Impala !!!!!!

Kenny Ray, 11/15/2009
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, I owned a 2001 and when it was time to replace it, I gave the 2009 model a chance. Everyday I can't wait to get a chance to drive it. It commands attention everywhere I go with it. I love everything about this car, color, handling and the sound system (bose) I've always owned GM cars and mainly chevrolets and this is the best by far.

No issuse until now

nickstjl, 08/30/2012
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was given my 09 impala as a graduation gift from my grandmother just a few months ago and it was a perfectly fine car until last week, i'm not sure if other people have these problems but I do and i makes me wanna sell the car at this point. First sometimes the key won't turn i have to physically move the steering wheel and push up in the shifter thing behind the steering wheel and then it will start, and the other problem i experience is that if I am waiting at a light or a stop sign for more then 10 seconds and i go to press the gas the break pedal sticks and the car revs up and burns gas. And when it dooes this the check engine light comes on for a split second, anyone else like this?

Service ride

jimbo, 09/28/2010
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive an average of 1000 miles per week at 70 mph most of the time @ 24 MPG. Since I bought it there have been no running gear or A/C problems. In fact greasing the doors and oil changes every 3k is all it has seen. It runs today as well as the day I drove it off the lot.

Don't learn the hard way

mcollins19, 05/02/2012
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would like to think of myself as an educated consumer, and after reading a lot about the Impala, I decided that it was a good mid-price sedan that would suite my needs. The interior is cheaply made, but functional, and the driving experience is less than impressive, but the car feels safe. The problem is with the reliablilty and support from GM. Since I have limited space to write this, I'll sum it up. The car is currently at 25k miles and has had a new torque converter, turbine shaft and valve body in the transmission, a new water pump, and the A/C is beginning to put out warm air. GM support (located overseas) has offered no warranty incentives and has been very dismissive. Buyer Beware

Owned my 2009 since I purchased it brand new

Carm, 08/29/2016
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have about 50,000 miles on the car now and overall, I am content with the car. I believe with any mechanical item you own, you need some basic skills to do minor repairs to avoid the dealership and a garage where you know nobody. Repairs made to date by me: gas pedal replacement ($80), vent door blend control ($40), rear power door lock replacement ($75). Repairs done by someone who I knew: Head gasket replacement (about $300 including parts, heard that other owners had the same problem). Transmission fluid change ($100 and recommended highly after 50K). That is all the repairs I have completed to date today and overall, I'm happy owning the car. Time will tell if I remain happy :-)

12345...18