Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Headrests overshadow all of the good

Patrick, 06/28/2010
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything I like abut this car is constantly overshadowed by the fact that the headrests protrude too far forward. It is not possible to sit back in the seat and up straight - even with the headrests extended to the max. - (and I am only 5'8"). I have called Chevrolet and have talked to two Chevy dealers. The Chevy help line would only say, "That's the way we engineered the car." The dealers said that they have had other complaints but they didn't have an answer for the problem. Both did not know that the headrests could not be adjusted forward and back.

Bad Experience

taryn2013, 02/28/2013
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a current owner of a 2009 Chevy Impala. I purchased this car 2 1/2 years ago for a high price but I thought I was getting a reliable car that would last me a number of years. A year into owning it the problems began. My car continusely read service traction control, service airbags, and my check engine light was constantly on & off. I took it to 2 different garages and they could not figure out anything. I ended up at the Faulkner Chevy dealer. I ended up paying over $800 to get the air bags replaced, and a harness strap which had a bad connection. I am a young mother of 2 and NOT happy about this. GM does NOTHING to satisfy concerns or complaints

At 78,000 miles, still drives like new

Melvin H Hoffman, 04/12/2015
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily because I needed a reliable, reasonable efficient and large vehicle. At a discount of more than 20% it has proved thus far to be a bargain. Just put on new tires and brakes (although still had some pad left). Have changed oil and filters regularly, otherwise just drive it and maintain it. Only problems have been minor: ventilation door in dash needed replacement ($70); Dash in front has a crack from Florida sun (not unusual), replacement is about $120; otherwise no problems whatsoever. I also own a Mercedes (with $120 plus oil changes, crazy) and I prefer to drive this vehicle. In overall use it has averages more than 26 mpg, mostly local mileage.

Shame on you Chevy **SHAME SHAME SHAME

Don, 03/16/2016
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

09 Impala, terrible engineering. And its no recall. It could be very expensive for some of you replacing sensors to finally replace the accelerator position sensor (pedal). I'm a tech and it had me stumped on my wife's car for 2 days. Did not buy or replace anything until I was sure I pinned it down. "Reduce engine power" "Service Traction Control" "Engine Light" codes P2122/P2138. Accelerator Position Pedal (APP) costed me $72 without any discount, 2 -10mm bolts & 5 minutes of my time. I'm a Chevy lover and this won't discourage me from any of my other Chevys or any future Chevys. Just don't believe it from the inside "quality control" side of it in our own American dealerships. ITS A REAL SHAME

LTZ! Reliable AND fun to drive!

OFFSTAR, 11/22/2010
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car is fun, Do not confuse the suspension on this car with that of the LS or the LT. Since I purchased this car I find myself taking more travel liberties and looking forward to the long drives. Acceleration is perfect with the active fuel 3.9 engine. I average 36 mpg on the highway AND that was manually calculated, not from the on-board computer (if I don't hot dog it). never less than 23 in town! I have only been to the dealer for maintenance and with 30k and no failures I am impressed and recommend this to anyone who wants some fun, reliability and great fuel mileage!

12345...17