Skip to main content

3.5 out of 5 stars

No more

No more, 09/22/2010
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because we wanted a sporty family sedan. The car looks great in the red with the large wheels but that's really the only upside. We've owned over 30 vehicles over the years and this has to be the worst. Problems started right away. Door locks stopped working, the CD player stopped working, the ABS/ traction control has had problems 2 different times. Of course now that everything is fixed it has a pretty substantial coolant leak. Maybe we got a lemon, but this car is truly a disappointment. I think we're done with GM. Our 06 fusion has been perfect through 80k miles and this car has serious problems with only 40K miles on it.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Bought with 11k Now close to 100k no issues

michaelvanity, 03/19/2014
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing ive had to do to this car within the past 90k miles are oil changes every 6 months, I make sure to use the highest octane gas, And I only stick with one gas station, Shell being my choice. I have not had one probem thank God. And I plan on buying a new 2014 Impala, Love the new design. So heres how it add up. Me driving in San Francisco, I live here. Taking frequent trips to sacramento and reno. Lots of city driving. Things ive had done in terms of matience Oil Changes - Every 6 Months Reguardless of what meter says Best gas you can buy - IE most expensive tires changed twice. Brakes changed once. No Major Issues. Im going to stick with my Chevys.

3.88 out of 5 stars

More good than bad

Don W, 12/18/2009
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this vehicle for 20 months and 30000 miles. No tire replacement yet, maybe 6000 miles more on them. I love the performance. I owned a Malibu before this Impala. I just feel the Impala is more stable, especially when needing a fast acceleration, or a quick braking. The extra-loud cabin noises (engine Whine and outside wind) are irritating.

2.75 out of 5 stars

Not What You Pay For

kanani4274, 04/18/2011
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.

4.38 out of 5 stars

It's a love/hate relationship!

dustinjoe, 10/07/2011
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. I am the 2nd owner. Its fun to drive, reliable, and its a head-turner. I have the LTZ. Its bright red and got all the chrome around it and drives a lot of attention. At 49000 the car started using two quarts of oil around every 2000 miles. The salesman said it was normal. Yeah right. My door locks have began to act up and the a/c system doesn't work right sometimes. I love my car, but i'm afraid its going to start using more oil. No leak can to be found and it doesn't seem to be burning the oil. Thats really my only concern. I absolutely love driving the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable. Will buy again when all the bugs are worked out of it.