Skip to main content

Used 2019 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A) Consumer Reviews

3.2 out of 5 stars

1 out of 5 stars

Towed 3 times in 4 days

Disgruntled Driver, 10/11/2019
Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

GM knew the charge air cooler outlet air tube may be disconnected on some 2019 Equinox models but continued to sell them, thus putting customers in harms way. Within 4 weeks after buying this lemon, while traveling 70 mph on the interstate, 300 hundred miles from home, the car banged, shook and went into reduced power mode. I drove slowly to a safe area, and was towed to a Chevrolet dealer, I was told cars fixed, but it happened again twice more in the next 4 days. I had to rent a car to get home, GM had my car fixed a third time and transported vehicle back to my dealership10 days later. The brand new Equinox is sitting in the garage because I don’t feel safe driving this model. GM customer service has been terrible.

ad labelAd
10 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Explore current offers on the Chevrolet Equinox
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

Pleasure to Drive

Alamo 03, 08/04/2019
updated 02/10/2020
Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our 2019 Equinox is a pleasure to drive. The 1.4 L engine has plenty of pep to handle any driving situation. After 5,400 miles of rural and urban driving, the overall mileage is 29.5 mpg. The urban mileage averages 25 mpg with rural driving easily exceeding 32 mpg. We especially appreciate the Confidence and Convenience II Package with the latest comfort and safety features. Surround vision, adaptive cruise, 8-way power seats, etc., make driving stress free. So far, our Equinox has been trouble-free. The only negative is the wide turning radius—sometimes parking can be a challenge. After fifty years of purchasing new vehicles, our 2019 Equinox Premier is the best! This is an update. After eleven months and over 10,000 miles of worry free driving, I am even more impressed with my 2019 Equinox. It's a pleasure to drive.

2 out of 5 stars

This was my worst financial decision yet!

L.C., 12/17/2018
Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got the Equinox Premier edition. Since it's supposed to be the top of the line, I would have thought it would be better made and maybe more luxurious. The car feels like it was made of plastic. I feel like I'm driving a toy car. The surround vision is what sold me on this vehicle. However, I would definitely do more research before I buy another car. The take off is very sluggish. It's supposed to have a turbo engine but the jury is still out on that. The storage space is great! There is more than enough room to store items. The gas mileage is not that great either. That was my #1 reason in getting a new car. I don't have many positive things to say about this car. This may be a good 1st car for a teen but definitely not at this price!

1 out of 5 stars

Sweet

Anthony Cesario, 02/03/2019
Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car has everything and more

IT'S AN OK SUV

JERSEY GURL, 12/04/2020
Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compaired to my gmc terrain i had this is much less of a user friendly suv. hate the new keyless key. you have to be on top of the car to make it unlock. The sun roof has to be opened with 2 different buttons. The gas milage is excellant!!! The ride is not as stiff as the terrain. Although the level of the car is lower. I felt i could see better in the terrain. All in all its not a bad car. next car i will be going back to gmc.