Used 2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Cruze for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Is the Chevy Cruze the new Tom Cruise?

Brandon, 11/12/2015
L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Award winning, yes; the sound of a F-16 fighter pilot, sort of; the best car of 2015, no. The 2015 Chevy Cruze deserves an overall score of 8/10 stars due to the following evaluations: comfort-ability, performance, and design. Comfort-ability was seen throughout the interior of the sedan. Leather seats accompany the RS style of the sedan with adequate temperature control. Driver and passenger seat warmers are a nice feature—especially on cold winter mornings. The Chevy Cruze lacks in comfort for its seating design; the electronic seats are adjustable, but only to a certain extent. The seat leaves the driver’s head unsupported and situated at a very low level. With its robotic-like led fog lights to the superbly shaped front, the Chevy Cruze isn’t bad looking. However, its not a head turner by any means. The designers fell short with the back of the car, with no distinguishing feature that sets it apart from other sedans on the market. The front end doesn’t look aggressive, or challenging in anyway. The car reminds me of a derpy looking little brother compared to Chevy’s more sought after vehicles. All in all, for the average consumer the Chevy Cruze gets the job done. Performance surprised me, looking at the car you wouldn’t expect 0-60mph to be under 10 seconds. This car isn’t the next weekend drag racer you’d take up to Bandimere, but from point A to point B the torque developed is enough to keep you from feeling like your stuck in the stone age. The gearbox on the automatic transmission is what kills the fun in driving. Chevy needs to revamp its gear-point changes to deliver a smoother and faster response to the gear-shifts. If your looking for a nice, inexpensive means to get a new sedan for the average driver; the Chevy Cruze is a good choice. After two weeks of driving this car, I can say that I had an overall good experience.

Chevys best kept secret

Theodore_E, 08/25/2015
1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The only thing you should know about this car is that it's amazing! The price of the my 2015 was unbelievably cheap?! You know why? because it's a 6 speed manual transmission. Everyone wants an automatic which what car reviewers complain about. They say it's to laggy or non responsive. Not mine! The manual transmission is the best way to drive this vehicle. Offering low end torque for the inner city stop and go. Again just perfect for what I need to be. The 1.4L turbo charged engine is superb for suburban dwelling. It provides a very torquey feeling when applying more gas. My favorite thing about this car is the gas mileage! Try 26 city and 38 highway. A hybrid or electric car absolutely cannot beat the price of this four door gas saver. The interior is played up and has a very classy feel. The dash contains loads of info like average mpg, mph, distance till empty, and total miles. All in a tap of a button. The buttons for CD, music and radio can seem intimidating and cluttered at first. When you just read the controls you find out there's a button for everything instead of cycling through settings or menus. Easy enough. I have the LT trim and I still feel like a sub par luxury car. My only gripe about this car is the Bluetooth setting. You cannot synch your phone to the car to play music. Only phone calls. To play any kind of music you can use the CD player or an auxiliary cord! Cmon Chevy. Get with the times. No one uses cords anymore. This is the only feature that makes the car feel outdated. Also there is a plug in for electronics that enables you to charge your device(s) conveniently located behind the shift knob next to the emergency brake. Lastly there is one USB connection along with..... An auxiliary port in the center console. One thing to note is the driver leg room and entry. I'm 70" tall and when I try to get in, I've smacked my shin on the edge panel below the steering wheel. OUCH. The leg room leaves much to be desired. On longer straights or highway, I like to put it cruise control and lift my foot/leg off the pedal causing my knee to rest against the temperature knob setting. A little bit uncomfortable but not much to deter me from this car. Some of the highlights of this car is trunk room. By gosh it's huge. Best in class for a SEDAN. A hatchback will be better obviously. Aside from the 5 star safety ratings and ten airbags, this car is pretty safe. A telescoping steering wheel is standard which I enjoy. I know it's a bit scattered but this car is just overall really good. If your looking for a sedan that gets great gas mileage for under 20k then this car is for you. It has many trims to choose from to suit your needs. Chevy has done an excellent job and keeping up with its Japanese competitors. This just might be the next best thing for Chevy cars.

Prepare To Be Underwhelmed

M. Brookes, 11/01/2015
1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Noisy, unrefined and under-engineered, dressed up with technology to take your mind off it's shortcomings.

Good car

Kerry McCormack, 12/10/2015
1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2015 Chevy Cruze for just under a year now. I've got around 7k miles on it and really enjoy it. The car drives really well, good handling and "tight" driving feel. The seats are comfortable and the cabin is versatile when it comes to folding down seats to accommodate cargo. The car is good on gas, but I think Chevy can step up their game and push it to do better. I very much like the design of the car and the solid ride it has. I've taken a couple of road trips with it and it proved to be quite comfortable. I was looking for an efficient car that easy to drive/park as I live in the city. I've had zero problems so far and would recommend this car to others. The Cruze has been great.

By far the BEST car I have ever owned

JW, 03/09/2016
1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a good car. In the 5 years I've owned it, aside from routine maintenance (oil changes and tire rotation) it has been absolutely reliable. I use Top Tier gas brands like Shell and BP and 5W-30 Dexos rated motor oil only like ACDelco and Mobil. I know at least 4 people who have a Cruze and they like the car. So I will speak about my own experience. I will not get into technical detail. I will not complain or comment on the buying experience as that is irrelevant to the vehicle quality. This is from my point of view. First off it's extremely good on gas. On the highway, while properly driven I have gotten 40 MPG easy. A recent road trip that was 150 miles total and the car said it used only 3 gallons of gas. Impressive. Local street driving uses more fuel. Fuel quality does matter. This car LOVES Shell and BP midgrade. Don't believe what you read. Gas quality does matter and I avoid generic brands. Of course 87 octane works fine but a step up using 89 octane makes a difference. Overall build quality is excellent. GM has made great improvements in quality and refinement. Car is quiet and ride is smooth. Slight turbo lag from time to time when using regular and none using mid grade. Much better than an Aveo I had which was horrible but not as refined as my Malibu. The interior is tight but rarely carries more than 2 or 3 passengers so that's not an issue. Controls are well laid out and backlit. Which leads me to the entertainment system. The sound quality is good. The radio is clear as a bell and the Sirius XM is a great service. All the bases are covered here. Radio, CD, USB, Bluetooth. One feature I like is that when it detects my daughter's iphone it starts playing her music. Splitting hairs I know but I like it. I subscribe to the On Star Data and basic services. They work as advertised and gives me piece of mind. So time will tell. A car is really good if I'm still raving about it when it is 5 years old. Hondas are overpriced and the Civic is UGLY. Nissans are ugly. Toyota is slipping and plain and overpriced. I avoid Mazdas as they are rustbuckets. Kia and Hyundai are disposables. VW is a girls car and unreliable. Chrysler...well when are they going to fade away? Ford and GM are the big contenders now. They learned their lessons and it shows. Buy American!

12345...9