Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

C-6 Vette Z-51 Convertable
By ricatthebeach

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought mine fully loaded. I don't think there was an option I didn't get. So the base price of $45,900 is misleading as mine cost $67,043 out the door. Everything works great except the power top which is a first year option for the Corvette. I have had a number of problems with its operation. If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone with the manual convertible top and saved a couple of grand. Performace is fantastic. Styling is fabulous. When I drive it, heads turn. Now I know what a beautiful woman goes through when she walks down the street in a tight dress. A lot of sports car for the money. $67,00 doesn't sound like a bargain, but it really is!

Heads up display and navigation are great. Keyless operation takes some getting used to but is very cool. But the best feature on this car is that 400 hp motor and its handling ability. This car is a performer!

Make the car so the fob transmitter must be in the car for the motor to continue working. If a valet to brought the car to you, got out of the car while running and forget to give you the fob transmitter, you could drive your car home, shut off the engine and not be able to start it again.

Fun in the sun
By tim kanavy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is such an improvement over previous years that there is really no comparison. Every aspect has been redesigned and the total package exceeded my expectations. There is superior power, but it is completly under control with the supension and brakes being excellent. My only negative comment is that the seats could be more comfortable. They're fine for a couple hours, but leave something to be desired on long distance trips.The Z-51 package just glues the car to the road and gives the feel of a much heavier vehicle.The Corvette is unbeatable for the price.They got this one right. It's the best Vette yet!

The engine is very responsive throughout it's entire range and the supension and brakes are excellent. The Z-51 package is worth the money.

The seating could be improved, and there is some excessive wind noise with the hard top removed.

Awesome Car
By xavier seidl

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2005 C6 is one awesome machine. The acceleration and handling is superior to prior models. I know this because I have owned a 1986, 1993, 1999, 2001, and now a 2005 convertible with a 6 speed. I love it. Chevrolet really has engineered a great car.

Navigation system, power top, heated seats, home link system, and of course the 400 horse power engine

None

Everything I expected and more
By Dr. Richie

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Hard to get. But once you get the car it's great! Fit and finish are excellent. It has good gas economy. I get 20 to 24 in the burbs. My car has every available option, although I can do without XM radio. I just wish the wind wasn't so loud when driving. The paint job is excellent, better than the past Vettes. Shifting could be more presice on the 6 speed. The headlights are fantastic! This car is too quiet. It needs a deeper, throaty sound.

Automatic top looks neat when in operation up or down. Navigation - COOL! Headlights and the style make this car look exotic. I cannot believe the gas mileage is so good - it's like driving a Toyota! Interior looks like an expensive sedan.

Needs better sound - too quiet. Exterior colors are boring. Shifter needs refinement. Some controls are confusing (radio and navigation). needs a heads up display to show what gear you are in (the skip-shift feature can confuse you as to what gear you are in).

Awesome
By Deborah

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned and I have owned 14 different Corvettes. Bravo to Chevrolet by continuing to strive for excellence! This car is gorgeous inside and out.

Automatic top and push button ignition

Go back to covered headlights