Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Below my expectations
By Mr. Frost

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

Don't waste your time on these. Compared to any of my s-10 pick ups I had, this thing was a major disappointment.

2006 /164 k miles
By Nick

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a s10 before, so I felt fine in the Colorado. I purchased this truck only a month ago so fingers crossed it continues to please. It is a little bouncy and the interior of the truck is so so, kinda cheaply made. I have 5 cyc motor and it seems like I'm getting 21 mpg on highway. It's got 4x4 and that's a must for me, nice back row seats. Easy putting child car seats in. Get up and goes in crapy ca traffic

Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Love the cab; size and comfort. Fuel mileage is respectable for a truck. Sharp looking truck. Even at 7 years old it looks fresh.

Cheap plastic interior parts, though not a problem for me it does look a bit cheap. The brake rotors should be made to be replaceable without having to remove the axle.

Surprised
By jmatt360

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

Wimpy gas burner.
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This I5 engine is terrible. It runs like a 4 cylinder and burns gas like a 6 cylinder. The truck itself is generally comfortable and somewhat stylish, but it really needed a better engine and something that could get mileage closer to the estimate on the sticker. I've owned since it was new and I've actually had no major problems, but I'm tired of fighting the fuel bills and the lack of power.

I like the way it gets around in the snow with the 4 wheel drive and I like the 4 door configuration.

Put a GM 4.3 liter V-6 engine in this truck and it would be a winner.