Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

One year mark
By Andy

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I bought the car a little over a year ago, and have enjoyed every second of it. It gets up and goes without breaking a sweat, and the full leather interior is very comfortable. I havn't had one problem, except my sunroof is a bit noisy when it opens and closes. The car is fairly easy to modify, and with the aftermarket starting to pick up for them, there should be more and more running in the 13's.

The red leather interior, and the overall sportyness feel and look.

Perhaps some thicker leather on the seats. Some don't like the large wing. Better paint on the wheels, and more wheel options.

Junk
By Cathy McCort

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Watch out! You get a warranty and they refuse to cover the warranty. This car has a suspension problem that they will not acknowledge. In 6 mo we had to put on new tires and 1 year later we are on our 2 nd set of tires. The passenger side doors have slipped they hit each other. If the back door is open you can't open the front door. They claim we are responsible for this problem because of the mileage. we have been fighting with the car dealership and GMAC. We do not recommend this vehicle to any one. We do let people know in public when they inquire about the vehicle not to get one. I thought it would be a great family and economy car.

Gas mileage.

If you have a warranty stand by it. Admit there is a default in your product and stand behind what you sell.

OK for Now
By Lynley

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like my car, don't get me wrong. It gets great gas mileage, it was affordable, and it's nice to look at. But I can't wait till I can afford more horsepower and luxury seating.

The price

The seats! Make them more comfortable.

Lemon
By unhappy

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My vehicle has given me nothing but problems. My key continued to get stuck in the ignition and I had to take my car to get fixed 6 or 7 times until it was right. When I bought the car my bumper was not put on correctly. I have also had 4 different interior problems. The paint on the stereo came off, the fake chrome on the door handles was coming apart, the paint on the door pocket that you pull to close the door was chipping, and the carpet on the door was cut too short. I think the car is poorly made.

Frustrated
By bthann

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 11 months and it has been in the shop 13 times. It has had problems with the alignment, car pulls to the left, to the radio not working, needing to be replaced. Cruise control won't always engage, and the lock on the back passenger side broke.

I love the way the car handles on the corners, and the pick up is great.