Used 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews

Used C/K 1500 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

My Truck

Masterson, 11/08/2005

I bought the thing new in 94 and I am not even considering replacing it yet. I would buy another Chevy in a heart beat..The Vortec V6 gets great mileage for a truck and after 12 years it still looks great.

like a rock

big steve, 04/01/2004

i am 6'4'' and 330lbs. and there is still plenty of interior space for my big body other than that the body is still looks good compared to a lot of more modern vehicles and also with nearly 300,000 miles it is still a very reliable truck

1988-1998 K1500 are JUNK

sean2202, 06/05/2010

I purchased my K1500 extended cab silverado Z71 with 68,000 miles in 5/02 from 1 original owner and it was great for the first 2 years. I did all the regular maintenance by the book. At 114,000 I had to replace the engine. The engine builder said the block was junk because the cylinder walls were soft like butter (original block made in Mexico) After this I had to replace the front and rear gears at 128,000. I had the truck repainted in 2004 because the paint was pealing. Other repairs were the radiator, alternator, rear brake lines 2 times A/c compressor fuel lines and the front brake caliper. Now at 145,000 my frame is rusted and cracked in half in front of the leaf spring.

Bad Experience

Adam Walker, 04/03/2008

Although being a gorgeous truck, my Chevy has broke down on me several times having owned it for less than a year. No problems for 1st 3 1/2 months ow owning it when slowly going over a speed bump my exhaust pipes decide to break off and slam to the ground, luckily I had rope to tie them and drive home to weld pipes back to frame. Worst experience would be having my ECM fail and almost running into several cars trying to get my truck to stop, (its hard to avoid vehicles when your engine quits when on freeway and you lose power steering and brakes). I managed to limp to a garage a couple miles down the street. ECM failed (delivers gas to engine, that fails=not a running truck

Junk

jjsmith, 07/05/2010
C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab LB

We've had so many problems with this truck. We have already had to replace the ac bypass, fan belt, brakes, radiator hose, wheel cylinders on both sides and it's now July 2010. The truck constantly knocks and when the truck gets to 35 mph the rpm drop down and doesn't want to shift gears, the truck will die 2-3 times within 2 minutes and it's had a tune up so who knows what's wrong with it.. The gas is about 5mpg city and 10 highway, it's the 5.7 L V8. The driver side window motor has went out and we can no longer afford to keep repairing this truck so we decided to go ahead and start making payments on an 04 Hyundai. The truck has about 250K miles on it and runs horribly.

12345...8