Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Excellent!
By Tor

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for almost 2yrs. and have loved every minute of it. It rides smoothly, has lots of power, have only had minor repairs and has a great Bose sound system. When purchased, my Blazer had 100,000km on it and it now has 140,000km. Only minor issues; small coolant leak & brake light switch. Needs a new head gasket thought. I find it does tend to go through brakes quickly (appx. every 10 months). Extremely reliable, I live in Canada and get very cold and harsh winters. Hope this vehicle lasts cause I sure do enjoy driving it!

Bose 6-speaker sound system, looks, handling, performance and the feeling of safety

Better fuel economy, less vibrations in speakers and improved braking system.

I'm happy with it!
By Donna

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Blazer used over 3 years ago. I've had great luck with my little truck.

The comfortable front seats are nice. Everything on the dash is easy to reach. I haven't had to do anything to maintain it besides change the fluids.

The center console dented with the daily pressure of using it for an arm rest. Getting into the back seat is horrible to try to do if you have adult sized feet. The back seat is definitely not made for adults! It needs a key locking system for the back gate door.

Piece of Junk
By Patrick

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Blazer had some good attributes, but quality of manufacture was not one of them. Overall this vehicle was junk! It rattled almost from the day I bought it. The dealer never could find out what was causing it. I had a Toyota before this and I only bought this vehicle because the dealer made me a good offer. In the end, I really paid for that good deal. I meticulously maintained my Blazer, but I don’t think that it really helped. At 102,000 miles, the transmission went bad and I went back to Toyota and I will never buy another American car again.

The interior was nice and I like the features the radio had on it like the speed controlled volume.

Quality, quality quality! If you made a better car, the Japanese would not be burying you!

Excellent
By Linda & Charles

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Driving the Blazer has been a blast. We purchased the Blazer in Oct, 2006 for mainly a vacation vehicle. But once we got into it and really started driving it around we fell in love. It is great on long distance trips as well as short trips to the grocery store. I hoping that you never discontinue this model because we have decided in a couple of years that we are going to trade in one of your other vehicles on a Chevy Blazer. We own all Chevy's one is 47 years old and still runs like a champ. As a old fast lover Chevy's. You have once again renewed my faith in Chevy. Thank you so much. It will always be a huge plus to own and drive a Chevy.

My personal favorive feature is the way you've designed the front seats. No matter how you put the seat it is like this seat was custom made to fit my body. I never thought that I would like the touch on the go 4WD, but in Nebraska weather getting out of the auto to turn the hubs is a major plus.

My only suggestion is to make it just a little longer and wider. And a key lock on the tailgate. On cold winter days having to go to the two front doors to unlock the whole vehicle is a lot un-nerving in a large town. I'd really like to see that as a improvement.

Piece of Junk
By Junky chevy owner

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. Had nothing but problems with this truck. Transmission went at 55K, both door hinges had to be replaced, windows get stuck, never know when it's going to die on me.

It's an SUV

Make a better vehicle, they charge enough for them.