Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

I love my Blazer
By Bob

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Blazer LT that had been garage kept with 95,000 miles on it. It looked like it just came off the show room floor and didn't have any issues at all except a shimmy in the front end which was the sway bar and I had that replaced. I went a step further and did a lot to it such as 4 new shocks, change transmission fluid, change oil, replace manifold gasket and valve cover gaskets, complete tune up, change gear oil, replace sensor and fuel pump in the gas tank, replace tires, bought a new stereo system and speakers,flushed the brake lines, flushed the power steering lines, flushed the radiator. When I changed the oil I added BG additive and also I add Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner to every tank of gas. Needless to say it runs and rides like new.

Good Value for the Price
By Hunter

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Research on internet showed fuel injection system failed at 90-100,00 mi.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!
By Chlojo

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer that has been in our family for the last 17 years. It has accumulated around 161,800 miles today. This has always been a very sturdy vehicle, and has never left any of us stranded anywhere. The only time we were never able to get it to start was at our house, and it was a super easy fix (cracked rotary cap and moisture in the gas tank). The only major repair we have had to do on this car was get a new transmission (at around 155,000 miles). The trucks handling isn't the best, but it handles extreme weather really well, especially here in MN. The overall comfort of the vehicle is fair, it's not terrible, but definitely could be better. A lot of people seem to forget that this is an SUV, not a fancy sedan or anything. You're gonna feel most of the bumps and what not when going down the road. For gas mileage, I'm usually able to get around 17-19 mpg. Overall, I would really recommend this vehicle to someone who was looking to buy their teen a car, or even just to use it during the winter. If you can find one in a decent shape, and really make sure to keep up on the general maintenance, you should really have no issues with this vehicle. With our Blazer's age and the shape that the body is in, you can tell she's starting to get worn out, and I'm currently on the hunt for finding a new daily driver. However, I have no intentions in getting rid of our Blazer. You can't find a car any more reliable than her!

Frequent repairs
By John

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car a year ago, and it has been nothing but unreliable. First the transfer case, then the transmission, and then the fuel pump. Not to mention electronic 4wd was hesitant and didn't ever feel right. All the repairs together cost me way too much. I'm not just a broke college student anymore, I'm a broke college student with a broken car. I also see people talking about getting 20+ mpg but my blazer has seen 13 mpg tops and that's driving conservatively. My mechanic said the same exact thing happened to his Jimmy...I'd recommend something else.

Love it
By Betty Boop

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Test drive feel the comfort.