Used 1998 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Reviews

Used Astro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Deluxe Chevy Astrovan

ls, 06/05/2002
LS 3dr Minivan

No problems in 4 years. Towed a 19' boat 2400 miles each yr with no problems. Only problem is the small leg area in front seat. That is why we are trading. It rides great. Back seat is comfortable. Grandkids like the tv and vcr.

3 DOOR 1998 ASTRO AWD

123113131313131, 07/07/2002
LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Very happy with vehicle performance. Good acceleration, mileage, and sits up as high as any passenger truck on the road. I only wish I had ordered the rear heating and a/c. AWD is awesome, never go back.

Never again

trimom, 02/20/2003
LS 3dr Minivan

Maybe the dealership sold us a lemon, but we have had problems from day one. We had to replace our tires the first time at under 10,000 miles because we could not keep the alignment in check. This van is on its fourth set of tires and I have lost count of the alignments we have had done. We take good care of our cars as far as preventive maint., but this van has been nothing but trouble. By the way, it only has 49,000 miles on it. Other problems included air conditioning problems. I have rthe safety reviews of this van and it is listed as "poor". My suggestion is if you want a minivan, get a minivan.

A lot of brakes

moms car, 04/08/2005
LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Not a great track record 4 sets of brakes, idle arm replacements, 4 sets of tires, the water pump and now the catalytic converter plus there is no A/C in the back and the kids roast in the summer. Bad gas mileage and an expensive car to maintain. Door handles have broken and the passenger side no longer locks. No more Astros for this mom.

1998 Chevy Astro Mark III van.

eandrew, 02/07/2004
LT 3dr Minivan

45000 miles only problem has been battery and wiper blades replaced once, steering alignment once. Still with original Uniroyal tires. 20 mpg highway, good, but would like it better. Two factory recalls for very minor prolems. Have not had typical chevvy things breaking, e.g. window cranks, door knobs, etc, that I have had with chevvies in past years, everything works like it is supposed to.

12345...6