Used 1996 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Astro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Worst Vehicle we have ever owned!

Elby62, 02/17/2006
LS 3dr Minivan AWD

We paid $10,000 for this in 2002 and it had 50,000 miles on it. For the price and mileage you would expect a decent vehicle. However this van broke down constantly. It has cost us thousands extra in repairs, including a new transmission. Broke down out of state leaving us stranded hundreds of miles from home. Twice. Don't buy this van! A bad, bad, bad vehicle. Horrible experience to own. The torsion bar broke on it, twice. Same thing happened to my friend. The torsion bar broke while I was driving on a crowded interstate at 70mph, on a bridge, with no place to pull over. All my children were in the van. We are lucky that I did not panic and that we didn't wreck. Horrible!

Good for the long haul

Sherry B., 10/11/2003
3dr Minivan AWD

Excellent for the duration...my 2nd Astro, and better than the 1st '87 model. Gas mileage is about 18/gal city, but is a great family vehicle. Has lasted well.

Very good vans

Allen Bell, 09/29/2016
LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Rides smooth very dependable

I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY OTHER MINI VAN!

MIMI66, 07/30/2002
LS 3dr Minivan

FOR THE MONEY I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY OTHER MINI VAN! I HAVE ALL THAT SPACE THAT OTHERS DONT AND ITS NOT TO BIG OR TO SMALL! I DRIVE MY VAN EVERYDAY TO TAKE THE KIDS TO SCHOOL AND BALLGAMES AND ERRANDS IT DOES FINE!!!

terrible van

deathgrip72, 09/04/2003
LS 3dr Minivan

This is an awful vehicle. Everything breaks and need replacing within the first few years. Every conceivable notor and drive mechanism wears out prematurely. It drives like a tank, does not haus particularly well, and gets lousy mileage. I would steer anyone I talk to to away from this vehicle. In fact, I have never heard of anyone who actually likes this van or would replace an old one with a new one.