Used 2016 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

2016 Escalade sucks.
By Libby

2016 Cadillac Escalade Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Escalades have been our choice of family car for years and years. We have three daughters that are competitive cheerleaders— therefor we travel A LOT. Classy, stylish, comfortable, easy to drive, always a looker— pretty much perfect... until this model. The jerk and the harsh gear changes are terrible- and also it shakes sometimes like your going off the interstate and hitting the little bumps on the line. We’ve taken it in several times (an hour away from our house) basically nothing changes- The process Cadillac is requiring is an absolute JOKE.. try this, try that...basically to waste your time and not have to address THIER issues. By the time you’ve taken your car in to meet there “requirements” of their “process” it’s already a few years old and ready to be traded in. They know exactly what they are doing. It’s actually very very very disappointing how Cadillac has handled this... and it’s not just my car- according the the internet it’s a very common thing. Shame on you Cadillac, makes me sad that I have to buy another brand. It’s understandable that things happen— it sucks, but it’s life. What’s unacceptable is they way they’ve handled their mistakes.

Trashy
By Nikki

2016 Cadillac Escalade Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Please invest in a more reliable SUV!! Cadillac should be ashamed pricing this truck at 80k and it's trash. I purchased a 2015 certified Escalade. In the first year the ac went out twice. It stopped going in reverse. And finally the torque in my transmission went out. So I traded it in for a 2016 certified escalade. Unbelievable!!! After driving this truck for a couple of hours I had to take it back, they kept it for suspension issues and they can't figure out a rattling sound!!! I have a 2004 GMC denali that is more reliable!!

Much better than 2010 platinum model
By Rcsam

2016 Cadillac Escalade Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Everything is better especially the ride. Does not have the throaty exhaust but that makes it more like a car.

Worst Car I have ever owned!
By Roger Lake

2016 Cadillac Escalade Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Ok we will start with the PRO: Looks and cargo space. That’s all. Now the Con: First off I want to start off by saying I own a car dealership and have personally owned every type of vehicle their is. This truck is the worst vehicle by far that I have ever owned. The engine burns oil at 11k miles. Brought it in to the GM dealer and they hand me a paper stating that it’s acceptable to burn up too a quart of oil between oil changes. 92,000 dollar vehicle and Iam adding oil between oil changes? The transmission shifts horrible and slams into gear every day I pull out of my garage. Going up hills the truck loses power and seems to not know what geat to go into. Also my wife and I smell coolant in the car when you first turn on the ac as if the heater core is leaking. We paid extra for power running boards and they Stick. Truck rides ruff and clunky. It’s a real shame because we sell used Cadillacs on our lot and the older ones were much better. I feel the quality of a Hyundai or Kia far exceeds the quality of this truck. I have never went on and reviewed a car or truck in my life as all vehicles have their issues but this truck has so many problems that even though it’s so pretty this truck makes me so angry and Iam so laid back. I don’t care how much money you have this truck will be your worst financial decision you have ever made in your life if you buy it. No redeemable features other then size and beauty. I had to go jump start this truck the third day of owing it because the battery was no good. And I remind you we bought it brand new with no miles. I don’t have time to go to the dealer every week because of all the problems. We can’t even drive the truck we’re paying so much money to have. The dealer wants to give us a Chevy Cruze as a loaner car every time. We bought this truck because we have a big family. I end up putting a dealer plate on a Honda Pilot and have my wife drive that. So basically buy a Honda Pilot to drive when your Cadillac is broken down and in the shop every week. If I could give this review negative stars I would. Nothing in my life has disappointment more then this vehicle. Buy German or Japanese the quality it much better.

Presence like no other SUV!
By S.Alexander

2016 Cadillac Escalade Standard 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

I owned a previous generation Escalade and the new model is a huge improvement over the old one. Interior is very luxurious, and looks way better than GLS or Q7. Old model was Rear or AWD only, and now you can get 4WD, and use it in rear wheel drive mode (or automatic or permanent 4WD) for everyday driving. No need to use 4WD for summer driving and waste gas. As a result fuel economy improved substantially, I get 16 mpg in the city and up to 26 mpg highway. Apple CarPlay adds a nice touch and all electronics and navigation look/work perfectly fine. My complaints would be lack of a sunroof in the base trim ($76K), and even if you get a model with a sunroof, it's a small one. Panoramic roof is not available. Magnetic ride is awesome and very smooth, however, once you hit a rough pavement, the ride becomes very jittery. Handling is very confident and acceleration is very good, but, try to change lanes quickly at highway speeds, and you will be quickly reminded that you drive a huge truck. Overall driving feeling is very confident, you won't be bothered by snow, heavy rain or any other nonsense. In the end, I decided to get this car for its unique look and presence. Park it next to Audi Q7 or MB GLS and see for yourself. Q7 looks like a station wagon/minivan from the side, and GLS looks very unassuming and small next to the Escalade's huge grill and glowing vertical LED lights. Euro competition may offer better ride and some technical advances, but Escalade brings such unique and unrivaled presence - it is still the king of SUVs.